Forums Latest Members
  1. Rman Jan 27, 2015

Greetings,
    I haven't posted on this end of the forum before so pardon my ignorance.
    Searching through the past posts I can't find any info on Longines Suiza dials (scant evidence through Google searches as well) and was hoping to be enlightened with any info you folks have. There were a couple dials for sale in the past that looked like redials but this one has a sense of rightness.
    Thank you for any info or insights.

Screen Shot 2015-01-27 at 7.13.51 AM.png
    bizznatchers and luzer like this.
  2. LarryG not KennyG, not OG, just LarryG Jan 27, 2015

I agree, that one looks good to my Longines trained eyes. I'm a fan of the brand and of course the 13zn. This is a fine, large example, and desirable dial, but seems a bit frothy at 15k. Having said that, the prices for nearly any 13zn seem skyhigh, and the step case examples- 50k?- downright celestial. Of all the coudas, shoudas, I offer, letting a center minute 13zn slip through my hands is the one that stings most.

3. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jan 27, 2015

The Suizas are like the Fab. Suisse dials - so marked because the importing country had some law that required that the country of origin be designated on the dial. In the case of Fab. Suisse, that country was France. It's not clear to me what Spanish-speaking country imposed the 'Suiza' but I'd guess one of the South American ones. Pressed, I would go with Argentina. Anyone know for sure?

4. Rman Jan 27, 2015

The seller stated Argentina, 1945. I just wondered why with all the questionable watches coming out South America you don't see these very often. Thanks for your input guys.

5. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jan 27, 2015

Probably because most of them have been badly redialed....:(

6. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Jan 27, 2015

asking price on this watch is 13,750 euros