Forums Latest Members
  1. Cosd Apr 6, 2017

I've only been in the "love of watches" world for 5 minutes, but already I see how ones taste changes the more you read about watches.

What was the one watch you lusted over when you first realised your love for watches? Whether it was then a Rolex or that latest Casio quartz, tell us about that one watch you would stare at in a magazine or gaze at through a shop window. Where would that watch sit now if you were to put it with your current watches in some type of "desirable/valuable" order?

Did you ever buy that watch or do you even still have it because of sentimental value......?

I was never a watch lover when I was younger, but even I remember when I got a digital Seiko with that beautifal black screen and you had to use the pusher to put on those red LED's :)

Edited Apr 6, 2017
    Sculler22 and Lukeeesteve like this.
  2. lillatroll Apr 6, 2017

A Tag Heuer Monaco was one that I lusted after for many years. Not now though. I don't know why I don't lust after it anymore. I like bold designs, nearly all my watches are from the 70s. It's not the shape, I have a few square/rectangle watches and it's not the size, I own an omega albatross, which is a big bugger of a watch. The only thing I can think of is that it is not an omega. I made a conscious decision to only collect Omega watches so perhaps that is the only reason.

3. abrod520 Apr 6, 2017

I'm ashamed to admit it, but this one:

[​IMG]

Of course I will add that I had never seen one in person, and when I got my first good job at age 25 and went to the AD to see about buying one, it was an immediate ::puke:: ::puke:: ::puke::. So I went with this instead, which was a little bit better but was still not a very good quality watch IMO:

[​IMG]

I wasn't quite aware of vintage watches yet at the time, and I bought it when it was the same price new as 1133Bs were going for at the time ::facepalm2:: ::facepalm2:: ::facepalm2:: ::facepalm2:: ::facepalm2:: ::facepalm2:: ::facepalm2:: ::facepalm2:: ::facepalm2::

Learned my lesson quick when my tastes had evolved and it was time to trade, it was worth less than half what I paid for it.... It's all good though as I traded it for a beautiful Carrera 3647T

Lukeeesteve likes this.
  4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 6, 2017

IMG_4503.JPG

Porsche Club of America limited edition. I wanted it. Now I know better... and that they all look bad on my wrist.

abrod520 likes this.
  5. billyblue Apr 7, 2017

I guess it's a typical story with me. I was at a newsstand at Nürnberg train station early 2011 waiting for my train to arrive and sniffing through some magazines. Suddenly there was this Rolex ad with this picture:
    [​IMG]
    I couldn't take my eyes of it and bought the magazine purely for this. Later on checked the web and discovered uhrforum.de. A few weeks later bought my first wristwatch, an Oris Aquis...the rest is history, a new passion was born.

Maybe sometime I should own this watch? Would not be too bad I guess [emoji848]

Foo2rama likes this.