Forums Latest Members
  1. Sjanicki Mar 29, 2019

Hi All,

How do the Omega metal bracelets hold up long term? Loving my SMP 300 but just wondering what I should expect long term.

I had a Tissot as a daily watch for maybe 8 years and the bracelet definitely stretched a little and the pins were a bit loose.

Also, from a manufacturing standpoint how are high end bracelets made differently than a less expensive ones?

Thanks everyone!

2. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Mar 29, 2019

I wore my triple date speedy on its bracelet pretty much every day for the first ten years I owned it (and after that about twice a week). The bracelet is still in excellent condition, and actually looks almost like new now since they polished it during service last year.

3. Bimmerman77 Mar 29, 2019

My 2254 and 3570 speedy stretched a little over the years. I just had all the pins replaced. The pins in my new seamaster Diver feel like Lincoln logs compared to my old ones lol

4. JeremyS Mar 29, 2019

Cleaning periodically helps prolong bracelet life. At least every other week or so if it’s a daily wearer. I use a toothbrush and some detergent with water, rinse well, dry and maybe some compressed air to get all the water out. Sweat, skin oil and dirt can wrench a bracelet over time.

Bimmerman77 likes this.
  5. Bimmerman77 Mar 29, 2019

This ^^ I clean my watches with wristclean spray and water if I wear it for more than 3 or 4 days. Really does help prolong the health of the bracelet.

6. 77deluxe Mar 29, 2019

It should last a very, very long time.