Local watchmaker in Houston, TX

Hello,

Looking for suggestions for a local trusted watchmaker in the Houston, Texas area for servicing and repair. Recommendations would be welcome. Thanks!

Did you do a site search? I know this has been asked before.

Yes, I did. Found Little Watch Shop on Shepard Dr & Hal Martin on Westheimer, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any experiences and recommendations from using someone. Thanks for you input!

Yes, I did. Found Little Watch Shop on Shepard Dr & Hal Martin on Westheimer, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any experiences and recommendations from using someone. Thanks for you input!

I know the “little watch shop”. They seem to be competent. Hal Martin is a 2nd hand retailer but I’m not sure if they take watches off the street in for service?

Did you do a site search? I know this has been asked before.
Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 3.46.39 PM.png

At least they do not call it Frisco (which is a town in texas.)

I still have never receieve any indication of a decent N. California repairer who can do the case seals and timing on my Speedmaster. The reveiws when one does a search are several years old.

I suppose my 2000 word posts do not help when I ask questions. Then there is the irony, I have no issue working on a trashed Valjoux 72 that is beyond any reasonable hope.

Edit: And I am having so much fun watching the Landeron goat watch actually tick.

-j

Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 3.46.39 PM.png

At least they do not call it Frisco (which is a town in texas.)

I still have never receieve any indication of a decent N. California repairer who can do the case seals and timing on my Speedmaster. The reveiws when one does a search are several years old.

I suppose my 2000 word posts do not help when I ask questions. Then there is the irony, I have no issue working on a trashed Valjoux 72 that is beyond any reasonable hope.

Edit: And I am having so much fun watching the Landeron goat watch actually tick.

-j
Is there a point to your post or are you just working on your 10,000 word daily quota?

Is there a point to your post or are you just working on your 10,000 word daily quota?
Touche'

All I am asking for is a recomendation for a local watchmaker who can do things I am incapable of.

-j

Touche'

All I am asking for is a recomendation for a local watchmaker who can do things I am incapable of.

-j

Start a thread of your own and ask this one specific question...burying it in other long posts or on unrelated threads is obviously not working for you...

I went to Hal Martin yesterday and they do service watches you bring in but it seemed they specialize in modern and not vintage. I’ll go check out Little Watch Shop.

I’ve had a 1968 rolex datejust serviced by James Huff at Hal Martins 5 years ago, and I know that there were other watchmakers there then too, so they certainly used to service vintage watches

they were not cheap, but they were good.

I've taken several watches to The Little Watch Shop for bracelet sizing and they've done a really good job. One of my customers who happens to live in the condominiums across the street from TLWS takes his vintage pieces there and swears by those guys.