Forums Latest Members
  1. JulianK Apr 22, 2018

Hey, I was wondering if there were any Canadian members in the forums that know of good locations in the GTA to pick up vintage watches? Any tips would be appreciated and it would be nice to meet some fellow Canadians!

2. Anj Apr 22, 2018

I'm not aware of any, and I've sought out vintage watches. (I live in Toronto)

I just get most of mine online and rarely local listings.

Wish we had a watch convention or that sort in the city as well, something like Scriptus - the pen show, but for watches.

3. JulianK Apr 22, 2018

I have gone to various little pawn shops and antique shops but it really seems like there isn't much. Certainly no store which specializes in such things. I agree we need a convention of some sorts considering we are a fairly large city.

4. Anj Apr 22, 2018

Also, a tip! I've backpacked through Europe recently, looking for vintage watches in mind(also passing through Bienne/Geneva). What I can say is that usually vintage shops usually have huge markups for good examples and even bad ones.

Your best bet is usually individual owners that sell without an operational/display cost. Although I would say support your local vintage sellers, there are none here. :p

Luckily I've bumped into some Canadians here such as @Vanallard that I've been able to go over pay out the ass import tax hurdles I've had to jump for some other pieces I've bought internationally.

Edited Apr 22, 2018
  5. JulianK Apr 22, 2018

Yeah I would love to be able to buy from any Canadian members that are selling so I can avoid all the extra fees. It's good to know there are a couple of us on the forums :)

6. gostang9 Apr 22, 2018

There are a number of us from Ontario. I’m from the Southern border but not so far from Toronto.

I won’t be any help in the “someone to buy from” category as I’m a one-way-street buyer only.. ::psy::

Anj likes this.
  7. gostang9 Apr 22, 2018

I recently took my daughter around all the major local vintage shops in Windsor and they all said the same thing “any nice watch that comes in is bought immediately. There are several people always checking and ready to buy...”

8. Anj Apr 22, 2018

Haha, same here. I consider my timepieces as investment pieces, but deep down inside I know it's a black hole with no way back.

9. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 22, 2018

Depends what you're looking for. Pawn shops down on church and Queen often have vintage pieces.. Nothing super in my experience, but we decent little pieces for justifiable prices.. Never have I seem a speedmaster though. Raffi sometimes has some but prices aRe usually silly.

10. JulianK Apr 22, 2018

It seems like I am really better off just waiting to buy from another member, regardless of the shipping fees.

11. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 22, 2018

You will get better watches that way...