Forums Latest Members
  1. Tim L Feb 9, 2017

I just received an email letting me know that the local OB is closing and that they would be happy to see me in their Chicago location. I can't imagine driving 30 miles out of my way and paying higher sales tax. I have four Rolex boutiques within 15 miles of my house. I think I own the only Omega I will ever have.
    Bummer

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Feb 9, 2017

Okay.

FWIW, many people don't have an Omega or Rolex boutique within 50+ miles of their house. The OB near me is about 20 miles away, and I live in a major metro area. I can't imagine when talking about spending $5k-$15k on a watch that a 30 mile drive is a make-it-or-break-it item, but everyone has their own value on their leisure time. I would hate to think how much a new Omega would cost if they plastered every country in the world with OBs on a, say, 15 mile grid...

Lonestar likes this.
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 9, 2017

My nearest boutique is 580 miles, I just go to an AD :)

Incidentally that's where I'm getting my SpeedyTuesday LE delivered.

Jwit, CdnWatchDoc, Dre and 2 others like this.
  4. repoman Feb 9, 2017

Move to Hong Kong, they have 13 Omega Boutiques, problem solved.

JohnSteed, Jwit, noelekal and 3 others like this.
  5. Canuck Feb 9, 2017

There are two ADs in a city of 1.2 million, where I live. Neither of which would I deal with! No boutiques. No Omga boutiques in Canada, surprisingly! At least, according to the store locator map.Only ADs.

6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 9, 2017

All a matter of place.

There an OB 3 miles from my house, a Tourbillon location 15 miles away, and another OB about 35 miles in the other direction.

Frankly, I don't know how they all stay open.
    gatorcpa

Lonestar likes this.
  7. kilofinal Feb 9, 2017

My understanding is that the location within the Hotel Vancouver is a Boutique.

Jammer005, Archer and Egatdagi like this.
  8. akshayluc420 Feb 9, 2017

There is an OB in almost every decent mall here in Dubai. That's roughly 5 of them in an 8km radius (5 miles for my Western friends).

Now that the Russian, African and Chinese tourist traffic has slowed substantially over the last 2 years, there has been talk of belt-tightening.

9. pippy Feb 9, 2017

From (Omega EXTRACT Of the Archives.)
    gatorcpa said:
    "Contact your closest Omega Boutique. They should be able to walk you through the process."

I telephoned my nearest OB (two hundred miles away) to ask if the could get an extract from the archives from me. They didn't know what I was talking about and had to get back to me. Four hours later they informed me that I would need to bring them the watch so they could get the serial number and model number. I ask it their watchmaker knew how to remove the movement through the front of the watch. There response was "I think so."
    I think will will pass.

Lonestar likes this.
  10. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 10, 2017

Did you have digital pictures of the movement and inside of the case back? If not, how did you expect Omega to tell you what you have? ::shy::

You have to meet them halfway.
    gatorcpa

Jwit likes this.
  11. Willem023 Feb 10, 2017

Come to think of it, I think I have to fly at least 3 hours to have an Omega (or Rolex, for that matter) Boutique at hand.

:eek:

My2Ksh

12. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Feb 10, 2017

Omega has boutiques!?!:eek:

Do they sell vintage? No?

Pratts!

ahartfie, tapaptpat and Lonestar like this.
  13. pippy Feb 10, 2017

They told me that they would not use my pictures. Sorry, I did not include that information.

14. Willem023 Feb 10, 2017

Why not do it yourself via the Omega website? If you have the numbers etc., rather easy to do, IMO.
    No need to bother yourself bothering an OB.
    Took me 5 mins.

15. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Feb 10, 2017

I think @pippy 's comment was mostly about them (1) not being knowledgeable about the extract process and (2) not sound very affirmative about their watchmaking skills...

In defense of OB, the watchmarkers in the Geneva OB is knowledgeable AND friendly :)

16. tjoy89 Feb 10, 2017

Did they get in touch with you about that already? Been waiting to hear from Omega about delivery point.

17. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 10, 2017

You cannot order an Extract online in the USA. I was told that the reason for this is contractual between Omega Bienne and the AD network in the US. There is an agreement that Omega branded merchandise not be available for sale over the internet here.

https://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/extract-of-the-archives/

My understanding is that the personnel at the Boutiques may order these through Swatch in NJ on behalf of a customer. However, someone has to provide the information to the Boutique to be forwarded to Omega in Bienne.
    gatorcpa

18. nurseford25 Feb 10, 2017

the sales forum is approx 0.0 miles from my house.

ahartfie, Ezurcc, Jwit and 1 other person like this.
  19. ConElPueblo Feb 10, 2017

Couldn't you just supply the information to someone on OF who lives outside the US and get them ordering it online?

20. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 10, 2017

Sure, but that wasn't the question that was asked.
    gatorcpa