Forums Latest Members

Loads of watches on offer, wondering if there’s any special ones amongs them?

1. cristos71 Mar 31, 2018

Honestly I've looked through them all, twice, and the only one I find interesting is this 1950's Seamaster. Bumper movement, maybe something like a ref 2576 with a calibre 344.

24C98B3E-F242-4B6E-A158-AF2ECA95ECEA.png

It looks like it has a decent steel case with the lug chamfers still present, possibly an original Omega BOR bracelet which if period correct is a nice bracelet. The dial looks bright and from that image I'd wager original, But it's impossible to say much with any certainty, a better picture is needed. It also has an attractive sub-seconds dial and if you're lucky might look something like this, which is not mine by the way

tumblr_mynvghZM7P1royoxho1_1280.png

Psyche524 and eugeneandresson like this.
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 31, 2018

Nice Spot, I Missed that...but it may not be what it looks like. Could be a trick of the lighting or a soleil... I’m thinking soliel though. That could be interesting...

@Psyche524

The problem is without clear head on pictures we cannot determine if it’s a redial. Casebacks can go part of the way to determining if it’s real.

To get a valuation you need clear movement and caseback shots.

Additionally the way you posted the pieces makes it very hard to single out a single watch. As reply will just grab everything you posted. As your asking for people to lend years of hard won knowledge for free. We tend not to go out of our way when someone dumps poor quality pictures from an evaluation standpoint or wants us to take a large amount of time to single out a single watch.

As there are hundreds of watches from this period and many have a wide variety of dials there are a lot of fine points that need to be checked which from those pictures cannot be determined. No one here wants to give you a go for it when it can’t be authenticated and with an unknown price.

Age and rarity has little to do with value... I see some with fairly obvious issues, The modern white dial Speedmaster MK40 might be the highest value in the bunch, and that's pretty common and fairly recent.

Edited Mar 31, 2018
    Psyche524, UncleBuck and Davidt like this.
  3. tikkathree Mar 31, 2018

To paraphrase, "to a blind man on a galloping horse" they're all treasures...... My instinct is that the chance of finding a real treasure in a place which is out of bounds when "away with work" , you might as well as about rocking horse poo. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd love you to proe me wrong.

Sherbie likes this.
  4. Psyche524 Mar 31, 2018

I do understand where you are all coming from and it won’t happen again. Thanks to those who took the time in what appears to be an impossible task. Call it naivety on my part.

5. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Mar 31, 2018

As long as your heart is good, we're good!

We've been burned by dealers, scam artists, trolls and every form of scum in the world. This has made us a little jumpy and sometimes, judgmental.

Stay with us, learn our ways and you will gain a great hobby and share knowledge with the greatest collectors and nicest people from around the world.

If you're just looking to use us, we'll figure it out quick enough.

My guess is that you're not.

(Naivete' , we've got French dudes, so watch it!)

Foo2rama likes this.
  6. Psyche524 Mar 31, 2018

Thanks For that. I’ll have a read through Your info pages to broaden my basic knowledge. The way more experienced collectors scrutinise different watches will no doubt help too

UncleBuck likes this.