Forums Latest Members

SOLD Lip Nautic Calendrier Automatique - 1968 EPSA Supercompressor Dive Watch

1. MarktheTime Jan 27, 2019

I am offering for sale this really cool vintage Lip Nautic Automatic Calendrier dive watch from 1968. Details are below. Please note that all photos are recent and were taken by me. I do not have a photo of the movement or inside of the case back, as I don't have the tool to open the watch (and have not opened it since I purchased it a few months ago from a seller in France who apparently is regarded as an expert in French dive watches).

Watch is a steel Lip Nautic Automatic Calendrier, movement R-153, believed to be from 1968. 35mm or so, without crowns. Case is EPSA Supercompressor, with cross-hatched crowns (there appears to be a small ding on the lower pusher, see photo, but no impact at all to functionality). Date wheel works well.

Lip logo is visible (faintly) on the back of the case (see photos).

I believe the dial to be original and unrefinished, and it appears to be in excellent condition. I suspect the lume (or part of it) was likely re-done at some point, as the bezel and dial are slightly different colors.

Wonderful lollipop center seconds hand.

Watch seems to keep very good time, but has not been serviced by me in the six months that I've owned it. I am not aware of its prior service history.

A few very faint scratches on the crystal, barely visible and certainly nothing that couldn’t be buffed out with care

Black Tropic Sport 18mm strap that is in very good condition (I believe the buckle is generic).

I am selling the watch only to help finance a new vintage watch I just purchased (posted it on OF yesterday...) and another new incoming shortly.

Price is US $1,350 net to me via bank wire, or PayPal GIFT for established forum members (+4% if "regular" PayPal). I am not interested in trades as this time. The watch is located in Pennsylvania, USA, and I will do a face-to-face in Philadelphia, or include priority shipping in CONUS (will need to discuss shipping terms with international buyers, depending on location). Insurance can be arranged, at cost. Please feel free to ask any questions, as I will not accept returns. Watch is sold as-is. Happy to provide references from other OF members on request.

Thanks for looking, and feel free to ask any additional questions - I'm not an expert by any means in Lip watches, but I'll do my best to answer.

Mark

IMG_1192.JPG IMG_1199.jpg IMG_1207.jpg IMG_1196.jpg IMG_1200.jpg IMG_1202.jpg IMG_1203.jpg IMG_1204.jpg IMG_1205.jpg IMG_1206.jpg
    Edited Jan 30, 2019
    KingCrouchy, bristnj, tmw57 and 8 others like this.
  2. MarktheTime Jan 29, 2019

3. MarktheTime Feb 2, 2019

Weekend bump.

4. MarktheTime Feb 7, 2019

Bump

5. MarktheTime Feb 12, 2019

Shifted the listing to eBay this evening, where at the moment the watch could be yours for an opening bid - with no reserve - of only $181. Thanks for looking! Hope some lucky vintage dive watch fan can add it to his collection!

6. MarktheTime Feb 17, 2019