Forums Latest Members

Life is good but it’s not without issues

1. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 11, 2019

While it is true you cannot pick your family, you are 100% in control of how you interact with them. And screw 'cultural norms' -- even if you come from a place where, for example, mom and dad are to be treated like royalty and listened/ obeyed even when you are 50 years old, it is strictly your choice whether or not you abide by that.

WatchShopping, KingCrouchy and voere like this.
  2. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jul 11, 2019

This thread is better than Corrie.

89-0 and voere like this.
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 11, 2019

[​IMG]

4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 12, 2019

29 days

WatchCor and voere like this.
  5. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Jul 12, 2019

The saga continues yesterday my wife arrived home from dinner with her siblings. She arrived home around 11 pm. Her brother was not with her. My brother in law arrived back at my house around 4am.

I hopped out of bed to find out what may be going on. He just acted if I was invisible. He was in the kitchen making a pot of coffee. I also just ignored him.

He went to work in the morning arrived back at my home around 6pm. I was outside in the garage. Working on some of my lawn equipment He was strolling up the driveway he had a case of beer in his hands.
    I thought to myself if he gets tanked up this is not going to end well. He walked up to me and asked me if I wanted a beer. I told him not now maybe later.

He went into the house came back into the garage asking me where is my weed whip. I thinking what the F is up with him. Then he said I noticed some grass getting tall on the far side of the house.

I told him it’s hanging on the back wall of the garage. I told don’t bother with that I’ll cut the grass tomorrow. He insisted on doing the side of the house. I figured what the heck let him do it.

I really didn’t want him to do it because now that forced be to mow the lawn. So, I fired up the lawn mower and cut the grass. My brother in law never does anything around my house. He is trying his best to be super nice.

Later in the evening I told my wife his tactics whatever they may be are not going to work with me. I said 30 days or less and he’s gone. As I looked at my watch. I told my wife I'm counting down to the minute. She just smiled at me and replied that he may be gone in less than two weeks. I told her thank god for small blessings. Time will tell all I really hope it will be less than two weeks.

Edited Jul 12, 2019
    kkt, larryganz and noelekal like this.
  6. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 12, 2019

Maybe the realization of what an a-hole he has been has sunk in, and he is trying to make amends on some level before he leaves?

Probably not, but it's nice to dream ;)

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 12, 2019

Leopard.

Spots.

He's trying to grease his way back into the good books by being nice for a couple of days.

Give it a few more days and the spots will re-appear.

kkt, KingCrouchy, larryganz and 4 others like this.
  8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 12, 2019

And on that last post of mine.

I'm not trying to make light of your "shituation" and the stress it must induce, but I think the occasional lighthearted comment may make you smile and forget it all.

If only for a few moments.

KingCrouchy, Muddlerminnow and voere like this.
  9. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Jul 12, 2019

I'm positive you are correct. He is going to try to weasel out of leaving. However that is NOT going to work.

10. Wryfox Jul 12, 2019

Please trust the voice of experience...to repeat what I posted above:

"Being firm about this is critical...but will be exhausting for the next 30 days.

Keep in mind your BIL won't want to leave. In fact, even if he agrees, he will still do everything he can to interfere with the decision, subversively and passive aggressively.

He may even try to be a nice guy for a while...anyone can for 30days.

DON'T FALL FOR IT.

Rest assured old habits will return if you change your mind.

STAND FIRM AND STAY UNITED."

I can almost guarantee your wife did a soft sell on this issue and he thinks if he lightens the air for a while, he's good. He may be an ass but he's no fool.

Remember he's been a professional freeloader for at least 11yrs, he knows all the tricks....and they've worked.

Edited Jul 12, 2019
  11. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Jul 12, 2019

I hear you no way is my brother in law going to stay with us past the time limit. As far as I’m concerned the sooner the better.

I was just teasing my wife. My brother in law even washed the dishes he used this morning. Normally he just leaves them in the kitchen sink. Not even considerate enough to rinse the off the dishes for my wife.

My wife and I were having a cup of coffee. I walked up to her grabbed her wrist. Lifted her arm I felt her bicep. I asked which one of you laid some leadership on your brother. She said leadership I said yes who kicked his ass?

12. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 12, 2019

310CF76D-4EE9-453B-AA68-D15D53260B43.jpeg

13. bz0123 Jul 12, 2019

Your BIL does the bare minimum and you think it's a victory?

Tell your wife you are going to Thailand for month. When you get back, BIL is gone and she respects you or it's over.

14. Evitzee Jul 12, 2019

Unless there is progress where dear BIL is going after the 30 day mark rolls around nothing is changing. Is he looking for his own joint? Moving in with one of his relatives? A friend? What are his plans? Until those plans materialize dear BIL will remain with you, your wife will not just chuck him out at the 30 day mark because 'I feel sorry for him'. You are playing with a pro, you need to bring your 'A' game and take no prisoners.

15. airansun In the shuffling madness Jul 12, 2019

This.

kkt likes this.
  16. Evitzee Jul 19, 2019

Breaker, breaker ..... any update on the BIL ousting? I think we are down to 21 days.

17. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Jul 19, 2019

Well he is dragging his a$$ on looking for an apartment. As of tonight, he may be gone as early as tonight or tomorrow. Earlier this evening he really pi$$ed me off. I was sitting in my family room watching tv. He sits in a recliner and starts watching the tv. I made a comment about the movie. He comes out with a bunch of BSs. Tells me I don’t give a $hit about that then you go on about this and that.

Damn I was really pissed off. I tore into him I told him you have a personality only a mother could love. Then I really ripped his a$$ over the coals. His reply was I do not care, what you think my reply was I said you will tonight when you are on the outside looking. Then I mentioned if you don’t shut up that may be as early as tonight. I turned off the tv and told him do not F with my tv.

About an hour later my wife went into the family room turned on the tv. I walked into the family room behind her shut the tv off. I told her you want to watch tv go into our bedroom and watch that tv.

Trust me I’m about ready to explode. For the sake of my family I'm doing my best to avoid the guy. However, I’m at my last straw. Earlier tonight I told my wife one more dumb ass remark from him and he will be thrown out tonight. So far, he has said nothing. The guy is a real moron. And earlier I told him so.

Edited Jul 19, 2019
    KingCrouchy and michael22 like this.
  18. Observer I know nothing! Jul 19, 2019

Do not explode.
    Repeat: do not explode. Nothing good can come of it. Be patient.
    You might want to start smoking weed for the next three weeks, or whatever it takes to be mellow. He'll push those buttons if you let him.
    Trust me.

airansun, voere and wagudc like this.
  19. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Jul 20, 2019

He must be trying his best to push my buttons. So far after I blew up on him he has not said a word to me and that's fine by me. Earlier this evening he was sitting in the family room. Staring at his cell phone As I walked by I asked him are you apartment hunting? NO REPLY from him.

20. M'Bob Jul 21, 2019

When he's sleeping, put a pillow over his head. Then tell the cops your wife did it.