Forums Latest Members

Let's see your GoPro pictures

1. VanDamme NOT "The Muscles from Brussels" Jul 28, 2016

Hi gents,

It was my birthday on Monday and in true gentlemanly fashion, I bought my wife a GoPro:D
    Anyway, it was quite fun playing around with it during a trip to a game reserve.

Here are some random pictures:
    IMG_3745.JPG

IMG_3760.JPG

My sister had the cupcakes made but she clearly doesn't know me as well as she thinks... IMG_3761.JPG

IMG_3764.JPG

IMG_3765.JPG

IMG_3780.JPG

Let's see your GoPro pictures:thumbsup:

2. Pvt-Public Jul 28, 2016

OK Here's my GoPro pic. But there really plenty of them in google images ::rimshot:::whipped:
    gopro.PNG

Linzer, VanDamme and ahartfie like this.
  3. VanDamme NOT "The Muscles from Brussels" Jul 29, 2016

I have this little bugger:
    HERO_Session_Feature_1_smallestlightest.jpg
    If people only post pictures of their actual GoPros, then this is going to be a very short thread...::facepalm1::

4. kov Trüffelschwein. Jul 29, 2016

A shot from yesterday afternoon - a tandem flight is really an amazing experience :thumbsup:

G0049451.JPG

alam, watchdaddy1, George.A and 4 others like this.
  5. lillatroll Jul 29, 2016

I was supposed to do one of those but just as we went over the edge the chute got tangled and we fell 60ft down a mountain. I ended up with a crushed disc in my spine. Not had the urge to try it again.

6. kov Trüffelschwein. Jul 29, 2016

Ouch ! Sorry to read that ! Hope you recovered well... I assume my experience is the rule, yours was a rare exception, though.

7. micampe Jul 29, 2016

It's even better when you are the pilot :)

IMG_3671.JPG

8. kov Trüffelschwein. Jul 29, 2016

Wow ! Another landscape but looks good as well ;-)

I'm sure it's better, but I rather get another Speedmaster :D

9. lillatroll Jul 30, 2016

I don't think it is very common, we were just unlucky. The pilot was fine until he tried to get his chute out of the tree, he fell and broke his hip. He said I could come back and do it again when my back was better but I didn't really feel like it. The x ray showed I was lucky not to be paralysed, a few millimetes was all that was in it.

10. VanDamme NOT "The Muscles from Brussels" Jul 30, 2016

Crazy story. Glad you are okay!

kov and lillatroll like this.
  11. VanDamme NOT "The Muscles from Brussels" Jul 30, 2016

Any pictures with your watch anyone???

12. VanDamme NOT "The Muscles from Brussels" Sep 10, 2016

Little bit of early morning hiking. Probably not the watch for it but hey
    image.jpeg

Miss_Bourginskay likes this.
  13. chows99 Sep 12, 2016

GoPro can really take nice photos do they! Hope you enjoy it in good health!

14. bryanmanio Sep 12, 2016

I don't take many photos with my gopro, but I do take a massive amount of videos when I'm travelling and cut them to little 2 minute bits. Bunch more on my Youtube, and I should probably get around to putting one together for a recent trip to Italy a few months ago...

Thailand

Zakynthos

Hawaii

15. VanDamme NOT "The Muscles from Brussels" Sep 13, 2016

Great little videos. Gotta get some software and skills to do my own. Sure they will preserve great memories for years to come!
    Bravo!:thumbsup:

16. bryanmanio Sep 13, 2016

Thankfully it's pretty simple! Pick a song, and simply just cut the video together to the beat. I can't say it isn't time consuming though...

17. chows99 Sep 15, 2016

What software will you recommend for simple video editing for beginners?

18. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Sep 15, 2016

I have the Hero 3+ Black. Love it minus how poorly it performs in low light. Thank you for reminding me to get it back from my sister though!

I made this clip in June:

I would actually recommend the GoPro Studio that you can download for free with your camera. It's usually pretty easy and it even offers video templates!

And now for some of my photos... Just have these ones on my phone now. Featured in the are myself, my girlfriend, and my Dad(fishing) in the Adirondacks Mountains (Upstate New York) in July.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Edited Sep 15, 2016
    VanDamme likes this.
  19. VanDamme NOT "The Muscles from Brussels" Dec 6, 2016

Mrs VanDamme and I had a great weekend trip to the South Coast in South Africa this past weekend and enjoyed a fantastic day at a game reserve. The zip line was extreme (for us), the suspension bridge nerve wracking and the food great. Watch of choice? 1943 Omega 30T2. A great tool watch that does not failed. Enjoy the GoPro pictures below...

A trusty "old" friend
    IMG_6310.PNG

They have an extreme zip line that does not have any brakes and can reach up to 160km/h. One can see how the cable drops in the left of the picture. We did not do this one...
    IMG_6240.JPG

The fastest we went was around 80km/h over the longest line of 680m about 300-400m over the Oribi gorge. The line is about 4.5km long in total excluding the 3 extreme lines. Let me just state that I was not scared at any time and yes, that is a hair net... My wife later asked me why I didn't tuck it into the helmet.
    IMG_6311.PNG

IMG_6318.PNG
    IMG_6322.PNG

Mrs VanDamme still gets surprised that for every picture I take there is a corresponding watch picture
    IMG_6329.JPG
    IMG_6361.JPG

IMG_6358.JPG The guide explained that the gloves were called our "ABS". African braking system. Note to self, get some of that leather to make a strap. If it can stop you from 80km/h on a cable it may just last forever on the wrist.
    IMG_6362.JPG

The suspension bridge above is a little scary but once you cross it you get to stand on a 10m cantilevered beam, which notes that entrance is at your own risk, and take even scarier pictures below.
    IMG_6253.JPG

One final picture of the tunnel exit on the final line which pretty much summed up the day for me.
    IMG_6341.PNG

:thumbsup:

ahartfie and Edward53 like this.
  20. Edward53 Dec 6, 2016

I love South Africa but that's a bit too extreme for me! Maybe a couple of decades ago...