Forums Latest Members

Let's see your constellations, general chat and lets see some of your vintage watches,picture heavy

1. Bkirby Sep 28, 2015

2. Bkirby Sep 28, 2015

Ive loved watches for 7years now, for the past two years I've been tackling watchmaking and I'm currently in the school of virology, since finding out my grandad is a serious omega collector I went and had a look at his 56, some the everyday, some untouched for 40years, after this I fell in love with the constellation models with the 354 calibre, I'm new to this forum but advice from experts and general chat will always interest me, my knowledge isn't as good as a lot of you, but I must say I spend everyday reading these threads etc and it is inspiring, I love learning and it seems to me il always want to get another omega, although I love watches of all kinds, omegas are very fun to collect. Thanks guys

image.jpg
    Buckeyes#1 and Rman like this.
  3. Pahawi Sep 28, 2015

4. Canuck Sep 28, 2015

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Fair number of Omegas (a dozen or so), but no Constellations as of yet. But I'm working on it. The calibre 355 date at 6:00 Seamaster I am wearing at present, is keeping chronometer time. The Brandt I've shown is Omega from over a century ago would qualify ar a chronometer. I have two of those, and my wife has about 5 Omegas, but no Constellations.

constellationM likes this.
  5. Bkirby Sep 28, 2015

6. Bkirby Sep 28, 2015

B
    beautiful collection though, I must say a speed master is next on the agenda, I love the sea master Calendar and dynamic, you have a really interesting variety in your collection, very interesting and thanks for sharing, that pocket watch is also a beauty, do you mind me asking what constellation you would like to pick up in the future? The date at 6 is also very interesting on the seamaster, a great movement also

7. Canuck Sep 28, 2015

As a collector, I "graze" quite a bit. I collect a lot of different makes, although as a particular brand, I guess I (we) have more Omegas than any other particular make. Bulova Accutron likely second, then Rolex. As to a Constellation to add to the collection? I am always on the look out for a pie pan Constellation, steel, or gold shell,from the '60s. One day, maybe. Here's one I missed.

. image.jpeg

8. Kja Sep 30, 2015

Here is my new to me '56 on its original bor that was purchased with the watch! I love this watch so much is scary!

[​IMG]

9. constellationM Sep 30, 2015

My Constellations:

Ref 168.018
    image.jpeg

Ref 2852
    image.jpeg

Manhattan
    image.jpeg

Manhattan in the matching box.
    I bought this new in Lucerne 1984
    image.jpeg