Forums Latest Members
  1. Traveler Oct 19, 2015

Just received this curiosity that I picked up off the Bay. I have to say I quite like it ( even though I'm a Yankees fan, well I guess it's a good year to wear this one... )

It purports to be a Girard Perregaux signed Mets dialed watch, which was presented to scout Wally Millies in the 'Old Timers' game of 1968

This is he : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wally_Millies

I picked it up and it started working, and so far appears to be keeping good time. I'm going to take it for a service ASAP though. Apart from anything else I want to look inside, as so far I've only managed to stab myself in the hand trying to get the back off ( thankfully not adding any more scratches in the process). It also needs a proper clean, as it was caked in crud. I have never owned a GP, but the signature/dial look pretty authentic to my untrained eye ... What do you think???? The Mets NATO was my addition :D

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Vitezi, rcs914 and gemini4 like this.
  2. ulackfocus Oct 19, 2015

The only thing worse than a Mets fan is a Yankees fan! :eek::D

Just kidding! :p

.... sort of. :cautious:

Okay, serious question - if it's a Mets' watch, why does the NATO strap have Baltimore Orioles / SF Giants colors? ::confused2:: Or is that very dark navy blue?

3. Traveler Oct 19, 2015

Well you're right, the blue is a little dark for the Mets, but it was all I had to hand!

4. ulackfocus Oct 19, 2015

No worries.

It's gonna be a rough spring training vacation this year. We're friends with a married couple in Florida - he's an Astros fan, she's a Mets fan. For years, we used to talk baseball as one of the dinner subjects, and I would crack jokes like "what's the difference between a Mets' hotdog and a Phillies hotdog?". (answer: you can still get a Phillies hotdog through October.) Man, I am gonna get pummeled this spring!

Traveler likes this.
  5. Hijak Oct 19, 2015

Why wait till spring! Well then Dennis...you'll know the difference between a Phillies hotdog and a Cubs hotdog too!;)

ulackfocus likes this.
  6. shane0mack Jul 20, 2016

You still have this watch?

7. Traveler Jul 20, 2016

No, unfortunately I was always a Yanks fan at heart :cautious:

8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 20, 2016

Traveler likes this.
  9. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 20, 2016

Your guy might actually appear in this video somewhere:

This has to be the cheesiest fight song ever written. And this is coming from a Miami Dolphins fan.
    gatorcpa