Forums Latest Members

Lesson learnt-Date Pump (position 3) on 752 calibre for newbies!

1. DailyAdvancement Nov 24, 2019

Appreciate experienced owners know this as basic info, but for newbies such as me.......

Had left my ‘sparkle’ at home for several days, returned home and went to reset date via crown,
    too late realised it was around 9pm and after date moving forward a few dates it then moved back one! Belatedly realised 9 to 3 is the mechanism no-go zone for date changes!
    Tried the next day and after a few pumps in rapid succession the dates stopped incrementing, that got me worried!
    Tried again today, but this time waited 30s between date increment pumps and all worked perfectly.
    So, though Omega guidance found on here doesn’t actually say to wait between date increments, it certainly seems sensible/necessary.

Thanks also to previous posters for providing useful date-change guidance here, well worth
    rereading:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/setting-the-date-on-vintage-omegas.45102/

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 25, 2019

There's no reason to wait a specific time between date changes. However if you don't ensure that the crown is returned fully each time, the finger that moves the date indicator may not full retract, and this will mean it won't flip to the next date.

Cheers, Al

3. Rochete Nov 25, 2019

It's not the best date-changing mechanism out there. Personally I hate it, never use it for more than 2-3 days change.