Forums Latest Members

Leonidas Bund CP2 Watch Dial Shenanigans

1. watchthirst Jul 6, 2016

I was lucky enough to have the chance to purchase the exact Leonidas CP2 dial featured in a Fratello Watches article about Bund watches, from a highly respected collector.

I am looking to sell my CP2 and am not sure what approach to take as far as the dial is concerned. At this very moment, as shown in photos, my CP2 has a CP1 dial installed which I had purchased for $325 and then paid an additional $100 to install.

My dilemma is......should I pay another $100 to swap the dials again for the correct CP2 dial I have just purchased and then sell the CP1 dial separately, or should I just leave the watch as is with the CP1 dial installed and then sell the watch with the CP1 dial installed and the loose CP2 dial as a package?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Here is the link to the fratello watches article the CP2 dial was featured in :)
    http://www.fratellowatches.com/tbt-leonidas-heuer-bund-chronographs/

IMG_0749.jpg IMG_0754.jpg 238787-dd1d8c99def35eb860e8109eea986fac.jpg
  2. calalum Jul 6, 2016

You are losing me here. Are you asking us readers whether you should keep your watch or sell it, with limited or no info as to what might factor into your decision?

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 6, 2016

Ok your selling the watch and it has the wrong dial so your debating if you should sell it as is with the correct dial as a spare or place the correct dial on it and sell the watch?

If that is the case I would sell as is with the spare but give the buyer the option of having you swap it for him with associated higher costs.

4. watchthirst Jul 6, 2016

That is correct, i'm debating on if I should sell with incorrect dial with correct dial as a spare or swap for for the correct dial and sell.

5. Gaz6263 Jul 10, 2016

Sell it to me cheap and I won't worry which dial is installed ;)

6. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Jul 10, 2016

Is this on ebay?

7. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jul 11, 2016

Would now be the second dial change for this watch. I will note that the ebay listing makes no mention of a dial swap - it is described as original. I learned of the initial dial swap in corresponding with the seller only after finding a thread in another forum while researching the reference. The seller was forthcoming when asked directly, but it is not, IMO, good form (though not uncommon) for sellers to withhold known condition information in a FS ad.

It is not my intention to throw shade on the seller or watch, but it does once again illustrate that caveat emptor and "do your own research" always apply.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Vintag...95bf04&pid=100011&rk=1&rkt=10&sd=191909712158Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Foo2rama likes this.
  8. watchthirst Jul 11, 2016

I never updated the listing as I continued to uncover new information about this watch, and I should have, and will do so. I wasn't even aware that what I had originally installed was a CP1 dial and thought it was an original CP2 dial, as I had purchased it from a Omega forum member. My understanding of an original dial is a dial original to the watch reference#/model/year etc, with no alterations, such as repainting, or reapplication of the lume. What can I say, "you live and you learn". It is not my intention to deceive any prospective buyers. It bothers me that I may have given you or anyone else that impression, and that's on me. Transparency is key, I agree. That kind of rhymed :cool:

9. watchthirst Jul 20, 2016

Decided to go with installing the correct dial. What a huge difference the dial swap made. Now I'm having second thoughts on selling :D

IMG_1203.jpg