Forums Latest Members

Lemania some advise please

1. Trevshep2 Apr 12, 2016

Hi Guys, fairly new to the world of watches and have focused mainly on Omega and Lemania. I have purchased a few watches from a private collector friend and he has offered me the following watch . I wonder if you could give me a view and a guide price I should go to please. Appreciate its only one pic but he has confirmed the watch is serviced and correct throughout. Any advise would help. Thank you

image1.JPG
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 12, 2016

3. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Apr 12, 2016

As I have not studied this particular Lemania model you have to take my post for what it is. My experience from other vintage watches - though - are that lume with that colour often suggests a relume has been done at some time. The greenish colour can be evidence of this - but not for certain. For instance some old Citizen: s tend to have it without being relumed. As Standy wrote - I believe Northernman is your best bet when it comes to deeper Lemania knowledge.

cicindela likes this.
  4. Trevshep2 Apr 12, 2016

Northernman likes this.
  5. LarryG not KennyG, not OG, just LarryG Apr 12, 2016

Lemania 1st series fleet air 1950's with circle P- denoting promethium or phosphorus depending on who you trust.
    Looks in good shape, though Id want to see caseback engravings and mov't, and Im not sure fixed lugs are in tact with that band...
    2-3k

Not sure from photo if it's been polished. If so, Id take off at least a couple of hundred from estimate

Syrte, red crowned and marturx like this.
  6. Trevshep2 Apr 12, 2016

Thats great advise , thank you. I've purchased a single pusher and a twin pusher from the same guy and been really pleased with them. I think Im gonna take it and will post some more pics when I have it.

7. Northernman Lemaniac Apr 12, 2016

Hi.
    Sorry for chiming in a bit late. All work and (almost) no fun these days! :(
    Fully agree with Mr. @LarryG on his assessment. :thumbsup:

Syrte and red crowned like this.
  8. Trevshep2 Apr 12, 2016

Thank you very much. Its a super looking watch and one that I think I need in my life!

9. ConElPueblo Apr 12, 2016

Had a look at the one @J-Luc posted on WRUW today, and it seems to me that the minute markers on the OP watch is somewhat irregular in thickness/length, at least around 37-40. Also, the logo seems a bit wider - maybe because of the different reference?

[​IMG]

Great looking watches, another first for me on OF :thumbsup:

10. Northernman Lemaniac Apr 12, 2016

As far as I know these dials are all military replacements. Function won over details when they were commissioned.
    Correct "redial" if you like.

11. Trevshep2 Apr 12, 2016

Thanks for this. I'd never have noticed that . You guys have eyes like hawks.