Forums Latest Members

OHPF Lemania calibre 13ch (Omega 28.9) Chronograph, circa 1939, completely original

1. Tom Dick and Harry Jul 3, 2015

This is a very rare T3 Lemania cal 13CH chronograph. The watch is identical to the Omega calibre 28.9 Chronograph, it was manufactured by Lemania at the same time as they were producing the identical watch but Omega branded dials which were designated as Omega calibre 28.9.

IMG_8460.JPG

These are very rare and special watches; they represented (for Omega) the first small wrist chronograph produced by the company and were manufactured for Omega by Lemania when they joined the SSIH group.

IMG_8463.JPG

The calibre 13CH was introduced in 1932 and ran until approximately 1943, I think this example dates to around 1939. The watch is a one-owner example, bought from the estate of a doctor who served the small market town of Louth for over 40 years. It was in completely original condition, a few small wear marks on the case and in need of a movement overhaul but never tampered with in over 60 years, It comes with a 12 month warranty via me and really is stunning as you can see from the pics.

IMG_8464.JPG

The watch is now in pristine condition having been fully overhauled by my watch maker, this work has included the re-plating of the brass/nickel middle case and the complete overhaul of the original 13CH movement and new crystal. Every single part of the watch is original, including the crown and pushers and the three-colour dial has aged to a beautiful patina and has never been restored. The watch is presented on a period pig skin band with original staybrite 1930's buckle.

IMG_8462.JPG

It is a wrench selling it but needs must at the moment and I would really rather it went to a good home on the forum

I am looking for £1950 for the watch shipping international signed for or RMSD, payment via BT or PP (gift or you cover fees)

Thanks Tom

Edited Jul 3, 2015
  2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jul 3, 2015

What a NFW! GLWTS.:)

3. Tom Dick and Harry Jul 3, 2015

Thanks chaps

Here is an additional wrist shot as requested and also the watch is a very wearable 37mm with crown

image.jpg

4. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jul 3, 2015

MUST resist. MUST be strong. It's not on the official list (off which I have strayed four times already this year - so far)

GLWS Tom, it is a beauty.