Forums Latest Members
  1. jrhave2 May 1, 2018

Figured I would post this here for discussion. I've focused the majority of my attention and research over the past couple of years to Omega vintage watches, so when I come across things like this I always feel more than a bit cautious. There are a few red flags here, but my major questions are these: Is it possible to have a dial that is this aged, and at the same time have a basically flawless case? If it had spend 50/60 years in a drawer, I would assume a more even aging on the dial. The darkening and freckles on the southern half of the dial seem to indicate use, so I'm assuming this is not the original case...which would make sense since the seller didn't include a picture of the case-back in any of the photos (inside or outside). While the picture of the movement isn't great, it doesn't seem to have any obvious issues that I've learned to look for from reading posts by @Archer, @gatorcpa and others. Am I correct in my assessment that the dial and movement are likely (mostly) original, while the case, crown (and probably pushers) are replacements? Something is bothering me about the movement as well, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I feel like the markings on the 321 are usually different than this example, but I'm far from an expert. Just feels like this is a franken-watch, but the early bidding has me questioning myself.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Le...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Foo2rama, SuperHero and Superfunk like this.
  2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 1, 2018

Remember that the cal. 321 was made by Lemania for Omega. Most of the parts are identical, although not all the features in these movements are the same.

I don’t see anything that would tell me that that the watch isn’t what it purports to be.

Dials (especially early Omega, Lemania and Tissot) sometimes have bad lacquer finishes that allow contaminants to chemically react with them.

That seems to be what has happened here.
    gatorcpa

Northernman likes this.
  3. airansun In the shuffling madness May 1, 2018

Zero reviews for seller, nothing else for sale and seller is in Brazil.

Bidders beware.

It is a nice watch.

Foo2rama likes this.
  4. roadsternet May 1, 2018

Oh yes old 321 watches have tons of patina :)

PICT0857.JPG
  5. jrhave2 May 1, 2018

Thanks! I hunt in cycles where I feel like everything is real and trust more than I should, and then I swing back in the other direction where everything looks like a fake to me. Need to find a balance!

6. Superfunk Jun 17, 2018

7. SuperHero Jun 17, 2018

As they say “Buy the buyer first, then the watch.”

8. wondertree Aug 1, 2021

I like this one.

9. wondertree Aug 2, 2021

there is another watch as same as this one.
    so i think it's not a franken-watch.

https://watchguy.co.uk/cgi-bin/library?action=show_photos&wat_id=3948

https://watchguy.co.uk/cgi-bin/library?action=show_brand&brand=Lemania