Forums Latest Members

Legitimately and fair market value

1. THE_BARCODE_GUY Feb 10, 2017

Legitimately check needed (and fair market value if you have such knowledge). Speedy reduced with missing bottom pusher cap. It seems like a fair price to me but I'm far from being an expert
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Full pic set: http://m.imgur.com/a/WwGxz

Edited Feb 10, 2017
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 10, 2017

No price listed...

3. THE_BARCODE_GUY Feb 10, 2017

I'm not selling I'm buying. I was wondering what you guys felt was fair given the missing pusher, and no box/papers.

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 10, 2017

Regardless of the value, figure in the cost of a full service, plus parts.

Foo2rama likes this.
  5. thatonewatchdude Feb 10, 2017

if the pusher is missing, then there is a countless amount of issues at hand. You should really supply pics if you want good honest answers.

Spacefruit likes this.
  6. THE_BARCODE_GUY Feb 10, 2017

There's a link at the bottom of my post with several pics

7. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Feb 10, 2017

That is not the same thing as supplying photos in your post. When you only provide a link, more then half of the people who would potentially help you will not click to another site to look at the pics. It essentially says your time is more valuable then the time of the people you want to have help you. And some people are leery of following links to other sites.

So you could help yourself a lot by putting photos here in the thread.

Davidt, Jwit, GuiltyBoomerang and 4 others like this.
  8. rcs914 Feb 10, 2017

Eh... I'm guessing that it is being sold for at least a grand if not more, and then you factor in a service.... I'd save for a Pro instead of the auto.

THE_BARCODE_GUY likes this.
  9. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Feb 10, 2017

Save your money.

A speedy reduced is a clinically depressed woman.

No matter how much money throw at it you will never get what you want.

10. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Feb 10, 2017

Or a woman to a clinically depressed man, though in that case the currency is usually, but not always, love not money

11. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Feb 10, 2017

And yes, I would rather fiddle about here than clicking links.

To a reduced andyway.

12. THE_BARCODE_GUY Feb 10, 2017

Done! Thanks for the advice, even if nothing you said answered my initial query

13. thatonewatchdude Feb 10, 2017

Well personally I would stay away from it, you will have to invest in it as it will need a full servicing which will be at least 750$. You're better off investing in a working watch, this is a fixer upper and because you don't know really what you are getting there is a high possibility of moisture in the movement which could lead to rust. Too risky

Spacefruit likes this.
  14. jsalasrush Feb 10, 2017

Whatever their asking, it's not worth the hassle.

You could probably shop around some more for something ready to wear and enjoy.

Rodmar, Spacefruit and marcn like this.
  15. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Feb 10, 2017

uh, ok. Happy to have helped.

Dero13 and Spacefruit like this.
  16. corn18 Feb 10, 2017

::facepalm1::

Dero13 likes this.
  17. THE_BARCODE_GUY Feb 10, 2017

Not sure if the face palm is for my tongue in cheek reply or the fact that someone spent the time to type out a diatribe about proper photo posting etiquette without even weighing in on my question. Either way, I won't make the mistake of posting just an Imgur link again

18. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 10, 2017

You seem to complain that people told you to avoid it as at a minimum your looking at a $750 service cost. You can go look at sold prices on eBay. You seem indignant that no one is giving you a price. At least it appears that way.

Dero13 and Rodmar like this.
  19. THE_BARCODE_GUY Feb 10, 2017

At this point I couldn't really care less. I figured the Omega forum would be a good place to pose a relatively simple question to some knowledgeable Omega people but if you read every response only two or three actually answer my question and the rest just pick apart my post. Way to make a newcomer feel welcome.

I'll just post one more picture of the response I received on a less knowledge but far more friendly watch board
    [​IMG]

20. tyrantlizardrex Feb 10, 2017

1200-1500 what currency?

Good ones of these with box/papers sell for £1250-£1500 (gbp).

Unless you can get this for sub £500 walk away, there are far too many good watches out there to throw good money after bad ones.

I'm assuming that some you're on bell, you're in the US?

Even in dollars the prices the guy from another forum is quoting are way out of whack. In this condition, that has to be graded as a parts watch/for service.

You have to ask yourself why the seller hasn't had the watch repaired if it's "just the pusher"...

On to your points about not getting the help you wanted:

You've gotta put in to get out.

You know what the seller is asking, so tell us, and then we can help you to understand if that's good value or not.

No one here is paid, we're all nerds with a love for watches - asking us to be your legitimacy and valuation service when you appear to have not done any research yourself... can you not see why that put some noses out of joint?

Pibbow, Davidt, Foo2rama and 2 others like this.