Forums Latest Members

Legitimate Speedmaster Professional

1. Cookie26 Jan 8, 2017

Hi all! Im new to Omega and I've recently acquired a Speedmaster Professional from my partner, however she bought it from Osaka, Japan, in a store called Bic Camera at a pretty good price. It came with the moon watch box, its accessories and booklets. Comparing to pictures online of other Speedmaster everything seems fine , including the movement.

However theres no international warranty applied to the watch. Both an international warranty card and pictogram card were provided detailing only the ref # and watch #. Attached below

My concern is if its a genuine Omega Speedmaster I have received? And should she trust Bic-Camera to sell an authentic Omega product for future?

Thanks for your patience and help!

IMG_7493.JPG IMG_7494.JPG IMG_7495.JPG Serial # on watch.JPG
  2. tyrantlizardrex Jan 8, 2017

Welcome along!

There's nothing hugely obvious screaming out here.

It looks like this is a "grey market" watch.

That's where an Authorised dealer is looking to get rid of stock, they sell it on/have it sold by a non Authorised dealer, who sells it to you, but with no warranty/identification of which dealer originally had it as stock (they would have put a stamp for their store on there).

Cheers

Chris

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 8, 2017

Bic Camera is a store that sells watches and electronic,s. Bit like a duty free for tourists. It's legit and you owe her big time. :thumbsdown:

( and never tell your girl you were here questioning it being fake ) Just tell her you were showing the other SPEEDMASTER owners...

4. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Jan 8, 2017

I know that store well. They sell authentic watches just with their own warranty which isnt factory.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 8, 2017

Serial number matches the model, and it looks all good. Congrats!

6. bnabod Jan 8, 2017

I will be there in 3 days at BIC in Osaka want me to ask ? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Cookie26 Jan 8, 2017

Thanks all for your replies!
    Will definitely not tell my gf about questioning it haha

*"hey GF, Standy told me never tell your girl you were here questioning it being fake. Just tell her you were showing the other SPEEDMASTER owners"*

8. Tbone Jan 8, 2017

Yea, take her to dinner somewhere ....nice. Sounds like a keeper. The watch AND the girl.