Forums Latest Members
  1. jcmartinez98 May 24, 2015

2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months May 24, 2015

Fairly common grey market dealer. Haven't bought from them, but have from Joma. Watch was legit, and well priced.

I've heard that some will remove serial numbers, and they often don't come with manufacturer boxes and papers. I'd check those first.

Not everyone likes grey market dealers..

3. jcmartinez98 May 24, 2015

Thanks. That's helpful.
    I've never seen a good definition of what grey market even means, though clearly it's meant to represent something "not as bad as" the black market

I'm assuming that must mean they're not authorized by omega to sell the watch, in distinction to an AD.

Another grand to get from AD but might be well worth it...

4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months May 24, 2015

That's pretty much it. They are not an authorized dealer, but manage to get the watches by other means.

I've never bought from an AD myself, but many says it is indeed worth the extra dollars to go that way.

5. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer May 24, 2015

I think price is high given it does not come with a bracelet. But I guess the question would be is the serial number on lug and is there box and papers.

6. Nobel Prize Spell Master! May 24, 2015

Authentic watches are fine...so is coma, Authenticswiss etc I don't like jazz time...they are a bit shady on past dealings.

Gray are normally legitimate dealers that don't carry nor pay for the franchise fees to the big brands and therefore cannot offer the original warranty. I've had watches bought through gray dealers often shipped straight from AD's funnily enough.

They often offer their own warranties that may or may not surpass in years or service the original. If you plan on selling it though many second hand buyers will not like to buy from you without the original Omega warranty and will hassle the price down or simply not buy because many times they distrust gray dealerships.

The other issue with gray market is that some models may not be readily available and you can buy something and find yourself waiting for weeks to have it, so verify they have it in stock. (That was the issue with Jazztime BY THE WAY, not only they diodn't have them but they said they did and then later contact you and it's a mess to get the refund etc. Others are a little more honest about it.

jcmartinez98 likes this.
  7. jcmartinez98 May 24, 2015

7900 is retail for the rubber strap Ti
    Ti bracelet is even more!

8. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer May 24, 2015

No, I get that. I just sold my like mint ti with bracelet that I recently purchased used. Had 4+ offers for $4,000 and had it listed for $4250. I ended selling just under list price. If you dont mind a used mint watch consider this route vs grey market.

9. devnull May 24, 2015

Gray markets exists for different reasons, but both boil down to costs.

In some markets manufacturers can charge a lot more for a given product. In china where piracy is rampant Microsoft charges around $10 for a copy of Microsoft Office, because it is the only price point at which they can compete in a culture where using cracked software is the norm. In Japan, where such practices are virtually non existent, a copy of office pro runs you for over $600. I haven't look at the numbers in a while but I think these are fairly accurate.

In the case of electronics and watches, a distributor in the U.S. may take on the whole advertisement and the service infrastructure that goes with carrying the product, which is expensive.