Forums Latest Members
  1. Spiegelberg Nov 19, 2020

You guys ever seen something like this? You really think this is legit?
    Looks like somebody just scribbled over the reference number to make it look like original papers.

[​IMG]

As seen on Chrono24 recently...

2. janice&fred Nov 19, 2020

I would suspect the archive extract would prove the watch is legit. Yea the writing on that placard looks hokey but how much value does that stuff really have? Well I suppose speedy dweebs might feel differently :D

Shabbaz and Marsimaxam like this.
  3. Marsimaxam Nov 19, 2020

The cards are hand filled, if the seller made a mistake at the time of purchase, why not just grab another International Guarantee form and fill it out properly. So, yeah, a little suspect, but, as Janice&Fred commented it really doesn't add much value to the watch and it's not a complete set anyways as it's missing the manuals, bill of sale and the outer box.The archive extract makes it clear that the watch is legit.

4. Spiegelberg Nov 19, 2020

Sure, it's just about the papers, not legitimacy of the watch.

OK, then you are more forgiving than me: I thought this was close to fraud, as the papers add around 1000-2000 to a watch and it's obviously forged. I mean, how can you make a mistake on 4 digits?

5. janice&fred Nov 19, 2020

Huh? For THAT watch? Not even to speedy dweebs.

KingCrouchy and Vintagewtchzilla like this.
  6. Spiegelberg Nov 19, 2020

Even if it's just 500, the amount actually does not matter ...

7. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Nov 19, 2020

I would not assign any value to that. Just like I would not assign any value to the Omega repair warranty card. Hell, I would count that against the value, as who knows what Omega replaced or refinished...

8. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Nov 19, 2020

OP, tell us about your avatar photo, that’s hilarious

9. Spiegelberg Nov 20, 2020

Thanks, it was free use, so I chose it. :)

10. zwjk Nov 20, 2020

I would argue that these older Omega warranty papers don’t add value to any watch. They can do easily be doctored much like hand-written Rolex guarantee papers.

The only situation where I would consider these papers as a value add is if it was the original owner back up with some other documentation.

11. Spiegelberg Nov 20, 2020

Thanks a lot to all who contributed to this thread.

It seems you all saw this from the perspective of how much these papers are worth to each of you. And, of course, papers are worth a different amount to different people.

For me, it was more about the question if these papers can be legit and it still doesn't look like that to me. And I certainly would not want to be on the bad end of a transaction where somebody has tampered with documents in such a way.

12. Bauhaus Nov 20, 2020

Well, let's assume they are legit. So it was original, but messed up at some point.

And let's assume only seasoned collectors are looking for a vintage Speedy.
    Because a pretty similar modern version can be bought for less money.
    These Speedy's are not bargains for starters-on-a-budget.

I can't imagine that any seasoned collector attaches any value to those papers. Legit or not.

13. Patrik83 Nov 20, 2020

The guarantee is just making it worse and brings me to question what else is wrong.

14. Peter_from_NL Nov 20, 2020

I would focus on the extract and make sure that one is original. If it is it is just about the overall watch and price.