Forums Latest Members
  1. Sose Jun 9, 2016

Can you help me authenticate this Speedy?
    I'm considering buying it for $1,350.

1.jpg 2.jpg
  2. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jun 9, 2016

It's legit but it is not what is referred to as the "moonwatch"

3. cwindham Jun 9, 2016

Speedmaster Reduced, Automatic instead of a manual wind like the Speedmaster Professional.

4. Jaacck Jun 9, 2016

looks like a nice example of a speedy reduced

5. Sose Jun 9, 2016

Holy smokes.

Thanks folks.

Can you help educate me? How do I differentiate from a Moonwatch and a regular Speedy? Also, how did you guys ID it as a reduced as opposed to a regular speedy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Andreas Jun 9, 2016

The moonwatch is the speedmaster professional with a lemania manual wind movement and the case its 42mm.
    The speedmaster reduced ( the one you post above) has an automatic movement (as it says on the dial) and its smaller that the moonwatch (38mm), and price-wise it cost less.
    You can easily tell them apart by the dial.
    Have a read here
    http://www.fratellowatches.com/spee...ed-versus-speedmaster-professional-moonwatch/

Edited Jun 9, 2016
  7. Sose Jun 9, 2016

Thank you. I'll take a look.

8. Ravineman Jun 9, 2016

what city are you in ? Just wondering as this watch sells for a LOT more in Toronto Canada

9. Sose Jun 10, 2016

It be watch is from a seller in South Carolina.

I could buy it and resell it to you for a Toronto price. Lol

Just kidding.

10. 1861 Jun 12, 2016

If you are interested in buying a speedmaster by in its most purest state, definitely take the guys advice above and get the Manual wind Speedmaster Professional 42mm case. It's the most revered amongst collectors. Just make sure if you are purchasing second hand, that purchase invoice papers are attached and that it was sold from an Authorized Omega retailer , as well as any service records.

11. peter-chiu Jun 15, 2016

Yup as everyone else has said... Not a moon watch. The 3570 is the one you want. If you do go for that the hesalite crystal is my choice. Don't listen to the people complaining about crystal the scratching it polishes out super easily.

12. peter-chiu Jun 15, 2016

Oh also to answer another question of yours the bracelet is a huge distinguishing feature between the reduced and pro.....

Not trying to knock the reduced lovers but 38mm is way to small for most wrists