Legit check on Vintage Omega

Hi all. I recently found a vintage omega (unsure on the model) that I was owned by my grandfather. I’m not sure if it is real or not. I have attached some pictures if anyone could assist me in understanding whether it’s authentic. IMG_7106.jpeg IMG_7107.jpeg IMG_7103.jpeg IMG_7108.jpeg IMG_0505.jpeg IMG_7109.jpeg IMG_7094.jpeg

Looks like a fairly basic quartz model from the late 1980s. It looks to be genuine and with a solid gold case. Much of its value resides in the case metal as a result. The case (model) number and perhaps serial will be found stamped on the inside of the caseback. Show that for more info. The buckle might be solid gold too, show the markings and we'll tell you.

Hi Oskar,

Welcome to the OF. To me, the watch looks legit. it is one of those millions of Quartzwatches, Omega produced in the 80th mid of the quartz-crisis.

Seems to be in good condition case-wise and if the movements works it should be all ready for wearing.

Interesting here could be, if the case if full gold or gold plated but for this you'll have to provide a photo of the inner side of the case back.

There should also be the reference number of the watch and perhaps (with a little luck) a hallmark telling the gold content of the case or at least if it's goldplated only.

Cheers,

Winny

Looks like a fairly basic quartz model from the late 1980s. It looks to be genuine and with a solid gold case. Much of its value resides in the case metal as a result. The case (model) number and perhaps serial will be found stamped on the inside of the caseback. Show that for more info. The buckle might be solid gold too, show the markings and we'll tell you.

Ah great thanks. I’ll get a photo of the inside of the case back when I get home. I have a picture of the buckle which I have attached here. IMG_7110.jpeg

Hi Oskar,

Welcome to the OF. To me, the watch looks legit. it is one of those millions of Quartzwatches, Omega produced in the 80th mid of the quartz-crisis.

Seems to be in good condition case-wise and if the movements works it should be all ready for wearing.

Interesting here could be, if the case if full gold or gold plated but for this you'll have to provide a photo of the inner side of the case back.

There should also be the reference number of the watch and perhaps (with a little luck) a hallmark telling the gold content of the case or at least if it's goldplated only.

Cheers,

Winny
Great thanks very much winny. I’ll get the caseback off later and have a look.