Legit check on Constellation 168.027 please - Update picked out up and loving my first

Finally found a C Case Connie that I like the look of. Priced at $1,250USD which is a little more than i'd like but seems to be market.

Interesting combo of linen dial and fluted style bezel. The case facets look sharp enough. The case back doesn't seem to be too polished.

I am not sure if the dial is original though so would be good if someone could confirm. I am also not sure of service history so likely will need one in the short term.

There is one on Chrono24 with similar specs for a little more and looks a bit overpolished compared to my example.

Any comments or feedback on this piece?

Personally i like the watch. I do not think it's a redial. The price a little to high..

It's super legit, maybe the onyx coating on markers are tarnished, they look tarnished in the first photo, but not on the other photos, so it could be lighting as well

Make sure to verify the bracelet has a 1040 stamp as well

These 168.027 / 168.017 dials are a bit different than their 168.029 counterparts, so I'd suggest a 168.029 if you're not completely against it, the varnish on 168.029's fare better against time and moisture

Watch is legit, price is on the high side, especially if you factor in a service, which, looking at the state of the gasket, might be in order.

Have you checked the classifieds here? This one springs to mind:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/ome...68-017-w-dauphine-hands-1040-bracelet.154100/

Serviced, from a trusted seller/user here.

Yeah I saw the gasket and figured it would need to be checked over and replaced. Might see if I can negotiate down a little to make up for it

It's super legit, maybe the onyx coating on markers are tarnished, they look tarnished in the first photo, but not on the other photos, so it could be lighting as well

Make sure to verify the bracelet has a 1040 stamp as well

These 168.027 / 168.017 dials are a bit different than their 168.029 counterparts, so I'd suggest a 168.029 if you're not completely against it, the varnish on 168.029's fare better against time and moisture

I think what drew me to this watch specifically was the linen dial and fluted bezel. I had seen other variations and passed them by till I saw this. Will keep an eye out for the 168.029. Thanks for the tips. Learning heaps on this vintage watch purchase journey.

Looks good, linen dials really add to the overall look of a watch. Great choice!

Looks legit to me also. The fluted bezel should be in white gold, and these are a bit harder to find. I agree that there some nice examples here on the forums - the one linked above is really fantastic. Kaplan is too modest to say so but he has a nice one for sale as well, albeit on strap:
https://omegaforums.net/threads/fre...-constellation-c-case-168-017-564-cal.153968/

Yes this is confirmed to be white gold and the pics look it as well.

Thanks for sharing Kaplan's its a very nice piece. I personally will be wearing it on strap so that is not much of an issue. But having a bracelet will just be a nice touch.

Looks good, linen dials really add to the overall look of a watch. Great choice!

Yes I hadn't originally considered the Linen dial but it does pop a little and make it more interesting.

I managed to negotiate it to 1,180USD so that is something. As it's local to me, just need to organise a meeting with the seller and can make it final

I think in this configuration it’s a unique dress watch. I have the day-date version (168.029) and it’s less elegant

Went and picked up the connie tonight. My journey to find this piece was short, but I did a lot of research in that time until I landed on this one. Thanks to OF for helping with the checks and feedbacks, and all the past posts giving me the confidence to pull the trigger.

Could do with a clean next service but overall it's very clean and sharp case (for my standards). I could easily see myself adding a second connie (pie pan with dog legs) but hopefully this one scratches the itch for a while.