Forums Latest Members
  1. sam4130 Apr 5, 2017

Hi guys, new here and already asking for help...

Purchased a SMPc at the start of the year and have since been wanting to scratch the vintage itch, does this look legit to you? Seamaster Cosmic 2000, Cal 1012, year 1971

http://imgur.com/a/JigeX

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 5, 2017

Perfectly legit.

Be aware that you need to buy it fully serviced (with supporting documentation) as once the case is assembled you can't open it again.

Well, you can if you have the correct pump and the skills.

sam4130 likes this.
  3. sam4130 Apr 6, 2017

That's great thanks. It's apparently been serviced within the last year but with no documentation I'll have to assume it hasn't and see how it runs

I did read that about this case, seems like a interesting/strange design.. I don't have the tools, skills or patience to even think about opening it up myself. So is this something a competent watch smith could service, or would it need to go back to Omega?

Cheers, Sam

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 6, 2017

A competent watchmaker could do it quite easily, if he knows what he's doing. And not the guy at the mall doing shoe repairs.

sam4130 likes this.
  5. sam4130 Apr 6, 2017

Hah yeah that's why I added competent! I'd avoid those places like the plague

Thanks again for your help

6. Screwbacks Apr 6, 2017

i once owned a blue cosmic 2000. you seldom see this model actually in a big case. it's legit.

Edited Apr 6, 2017
    sam4130 likes this.
  7. sam4130 Apr 6, 2017

I was actually after a blue but this one popped up for sale. Good to know it looks legit so I placed the order, I'll post some pictures once it shows up

Screwbacks likes this.