Forums Latest Members

OHPF LeCoultre vintage 'Shark' Pilot Chrono.

1. noiseboyuk Sep 26, 2017

This watch is now OHPF.

I recently posted for sale a pair of iconic LeCoultre watches - a 'Shark' chronograph and a 'Barracuda' super compressor.
    My intention was to sell them as a pair and accordingly offered them at a 'keen' price.
    Unfortunately, whilst they have been 'sold' twice, with firm commitments by buyers, but on both occasions the buyers 'flaked', so the watches remain unsold (maybe I'm 'old school' but I've never committed unless it's a 100% deal - maybe it's a sign of the times ?)
    Anyway, I've decided to split the watches into individual deals and list them separately.
    If anyone is interested in buying the pair, please see my other sales post (coming up tomorrow) for a LeCoultre 'Barracuda'. I'm offering an overall reduction of UK £1000 if both watches are bought together.

LeCoultre 'Shark' Deep Sea Chronograph. Ref E2643. circa 1967 / 1968.

Case
    Stainless steel, 40mm x 15mm (without crown & pushers).
    Bevelled lugs and screwdown back in excellent used condition.
    Well defined edges indicate no polishing.
    Some scuffs and minor scratches as to be expected.

Dial
    Excellent condition 'reverse Panda' dial with Tritium plots. No visible flaws on the dial. Base 1000 tachymetre perimeter ring. Permanent seconds sub dial at 9 o'clock, elapsed minutes at 3 o'clock, elapsed hours at 6 o'clock.
    As to be expected, the Tritium plots are 'exhausted' showing a short glow when charged.
    Please note, the dial is super condition, any marks perceived are on the crystal .

Crown
    Original crosshatched crown with wear consistent with age.

Pushers
    Original pushers working smoothly.

Hands
    Original baton hands very clean, with Tritium inserts (again - short glow when subjected to strong light source).

Bezel
    Super condition bi-directional 60 minute / 60 second bezel ring with Tritium dot. Very minor wear on the edges, but excellent condition for an original bezel.

Crystal
    Plastic crystal with a few minor scratches but no cracks, can be delivered with the crystal polished if preferred.

Movement.
    Valjoux 72 manual wind movement in excellent condition. Winds smoothly. All chrono functions work, set and re-set correctly. The movement keeps excellent time and has a strong power reserve. No service history but no obvious faults.

Strap
    Black leather strap with white stitching and stainless steel tang buckle.

Accessories.
    No box or papers.

Overall
    Exceptional condition and a very sought after watch. A ready to wear investment.

I'm looking for UK £9000 net to me, including insured shipping.

Here are some pictures, my photography skills are poor and you can be assured that the watch is way better in real life.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Sep 29, 2017
    doralamer, George.A, hugo and 11 others like this.
  2. noiseboyuk Sep 29, 2017

The LeCoultre 'Shark' is now on hold pending funds.
    Thanks to all that enquired.

oddboy likes this.
  3. tmw57 Sep 29, 2017

Such a beauty..
    Congrats to buyer and seller.

4. olgito Sep 30, 2017

What a nasty watch! Congrats to buyer.

5. marco Dec 3, 2017

Did the deal go through ?
    Or3 still available?