LeCoultre chrono. Legit or not?

😵‍💫 I don't believe in it: no underline below Lecoultre, no import code on the movement. Few pieces (like the chrono bridge) might be legit, but otherwise, I clearly doubt.

These watches use generic, non-LeCoultre made movements, so they are very easy to fake.

I would not buy one of these without appropriate provenance.
gatorcpa

I know very little about LeCoultre, but I recognize elements of the dial design from Longines 13ZN dials (see example below). In my view, the LeCoultre dial is close enough to suggest inspiration, but different enough to suggest that it is likely not original. Key points of comparison are the tachymeter scale and seconds/minutes scale. Additionally, the gold printing appears to be on top of the black surface, rather than galvanically applied. This is another difference with the 13ZN dial below, and one that adds to my suspicion.

That case was faked in the 1990's in Poland and various unsigned movements were used. Most had no movement screws for the case and used that pronged spring loaded ring, which never really fitted. As far as I remember the dials came from a German Dial repainter, Bethge. Everything looks too good to be vintage and it isnt....

So: too good to be true. Very interesting. Much appreciated!

That case was faked in the 1990's in Poland and various unsigned movements were used. Most had no movement screws for the case and used that pronged spring loaded ring, which never really fitted. As far as I remember the dials came from a German Dial repainter, Bethge. Everything looks too good to be vintage and it isnt....
Thank you for sharing this information.