Forums Latest Members
  1. Oldman Dec 13, 2014

Watch Clasp 006.JPG Can somebody help; I have a Deville Coaxial Automatic with clasp No 94521603025 (see photo attached) and need the leather strap length measurements. The strap had worn out and I have now mislaid it and although I have used the buckle from my old Geneve Automatic and had a leather strap made for the Deville. I would like to have a strap made for this clasp and put it back on the Deville. So if somebody could give me the short and long straps measurements I would be very grateful.

2. alam Dec 13, 2014

I wonder if the reference number of your clasp is the same as the one shown here: http://omegaforums.net/threads/look-of-hirsch-curved-end-band-on-smp-coax.16664/ The clasp shown here is mentioned as 94521603 (dropped the last three digits)

And if the above looks right, then here's some more info wrt measurements http://www.ofrei.com/page573.html

Edited Dec 13, 2014
  3. Oldman Dec 14, 2014

Thanks Alam, but that site only shows the buckle and watch measurements i.e. 20mm x 16mm, I need the length of each of the straps. My clasp is only very slightly curved and is the original clasps that came with the watch.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 14, 2014

Straps for that clasp come in different lengths, so you need to measure your wrist to decide what length you need - this is independent of the clasp.

Cheers, Al

5. alam Dec 14, 2014

I was trying to answer the wrong question of your problem; Al answered the easiest and the bottom line of your issue.. :)

6. Oldman Dec 15, 2014

Hi Al, I did read on another site that I could use a standard strap for the clasp, is this what you are telling me. If the strap fits the wrist it will be OK for my clasp. I did get a bracelet for my old Geneve years ago but held on to the buckle, good job I did because it is doing a fine job on the Deville, maybe I should leave well alone and stick with what I've got.

Thank you Al and Alam for your advice.

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 15, 2014

What I am saying is that the buckle does not determine the length of strap needed - your wrist does. It does not matter if it's an OEM or aftermarket strap.

Cheers, Al

8. Oldman Dec 17, 2014

Again Al, many thanks for your help, I'll give it a try and get back to you.