Forums Latest Members
  1. PhilF Jul 30, 2019

When I bought my Speedmaster, I was offered a choice of bracelet or black leather strap (alligator?) With a deployment clasp, went for the bracelet, don't care much for black straps. Saw another Omega in the case with a brown calf strap w/clasp, figuring on adding one later on. Did a little research, the Omega leather strap and clasp are somewhere north of $6-700, yikes! Is there a place to obtain these more reasonably or do I just throw myself on the mercy of my AD (who DOES give me decent discounts) and go for it? Can't shop the classifieds here yet, still in -200 newbie status, working on that. Anyway, just prefer brown straps on a Speedy, definitely prefer deployment clasps as they seem to really make straps (especially expensive ones!!) last a lot longer. Or should I just wear my NATO until the classifieds open up for me?

fskywalker likes this.
  2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 30, 2019

While you cannot post in FS threads until you have 200 posts, you are free to send DMs to those listing items for sale that interest you.

Are you in the US? The last leather strap and deployant I purchased (about 3 years ago) ran about $475, and that was at an OB. Surprised to hear they are $600-$700 now. Is that for an exotic leather or ceramic clasp?

PhilF likes this.
  3. impalla62ss Jul 30, 2019

You can buy on the forum, if the seller is willing. You just can't to a WTB post. Just message the seller if you come across one.

PhilF likes this.
  4. PhilF Jul 30, 2019

Thanks for the responses, didn't know I could PM.
    Did look around Ebay, lots of junk, counterfeits from Spain.
    I'll take another trip around the classifieds until my AD guy gets back from Greece, really would prefer to deal with a forum member.

5. PhilF Jul 30, 2019

Nope, that's a tan calf strap and SS deployment clasp, I guess that's why Omega
    Is a "Luxury Watch" brand, kinda like buying Porsche parts!

6. nismo Jul 30, 2019

I got a custom made leather strap and butterfly deployant from Jean Rousseau for $240 shipped. Took about a month turnaround time...it's an option if you don't want to spend that much just for the Omega name on it and you can make it 100% to your specs. Jean Rousseau does make some OEM straps for Omega with the Omega brand on it btw.

PhilF likes this.
  7. PhilF Jul 30, 2019

I'd prefer OEM Omega, but would consider a nice custom, not familiar with Jean Roussesu, do you have a web address link? Appreciate the tip!

8. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 30, 2019

FWIW, Omega Boutiques are typically less expensive than ADs for genuine Omega straps and bracelets.

PhilF likes this.
  9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 30, 2019

PhilF likes this.
  10. Evitzee Jul 30, 2019

I bought an Omega DP buckle from an OB in January 2019, it was $230. A blue coated nylon strap was also $230. Check with an OB.

If you go custom, like Rousseau, you aren't going to be saving much money. Straps and buckles are seen as a revenue stream by the makers so they often make their straps unique so you can't just use a basic off the shelf strap.

11. PhilF Jul 30, 2019

My AD is about 60 miles away, my nearest Boutique is 90, probably should phone, but a visit would probably be more productive. Face-to-face seems to work better than a guy shopping price on the phone.

12. PhilF Jul 30, 2019

Noticed that, always dealt with an AD, never visited an OB, perhaps it's time to venture out, what the heck, maybe see some Omegas I'll never possibly afford and buy a strap.

13. whyboddau Jul 31, 2019

You can contact Omega USA directly for spare parts. They ask for serial number and model number of your watch. Ask for the reference number of the leather strap and part number of the buckle and they will get back to you.

Email:
    [email protected]

14. cholack Jul 31, 2019

I’ll just say that a particular eBay store sells generic deployments which meet OEM specs of the real deal (minus the brand logo). Do a bit of searching and you’ll find this gem (they sell IWC deployments too)

Also just for consideration, a regular buckle provides the most comfort unless you have a top heavy piece which does best with a deployment

15. Donn Chambers Jul 31, 2019

Was the $6-700 price you quote for that strap from an AD, or from an online site? I’ve found that online sites (not affiliated with an AD) sell these straps and clasps at a markup of 50-100%. For instance, I’ve seen the Omega NATO straps online for $250-$300 when you can order directly from Omega for $165-$175.

If the quote was from an AD, they are ripping you off and you need to find a new AD. Like others have responded, I have purchased a calf strap and a deployant from my AD and the total was a little over $400. But I did have to wait about 6 weeks for delivery.

16. PhilF Jul 31, 2019

17. PhilF Jul 31, 2019

Haven't been in touch with my AD yet, he's on vacation, usually treats me pretty well. Paid $160 for my Velcro NATO from Omega, they stiffed me on the springbars and tool. Got the red zipper case, strap & nothing else.

18. PhilF Jul 31, 2019

Update: Omega sent me another complete kit (less the strap of course) with everything that was missing, ended up with another red zipper case to boot, thanks Omega, good follow-up!

lustrousaurus likes this.
  19. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 31, 2019

OB’s will ship...

20. RoarLionsRoar Jul 31, 2019

Not OP, but I'm in the US. My curved ends leather with deployant for a 9300 was about $650-$700. Similar price for a PO's rubber with deployant. These were both at an OB.

PhilF likes this.