Forums Latest Members
  1. Charger_Vital Feb 7, 2022

Spruce and Taddyangle like this.
  2. Evitzee Feb 7, 2022

Great movement but the case and bracelet don't do much for me. I think the current Parmigiani and Czapek sport versions are more compelling.

Edited Feb 7, 2022
    EdtheAussie likes this.
  3. Charger_Vital Feb 7, 2022

Maybe so... But does it have to be one or the other!?

4. Evitzee Feb 7, 2022

If you are laying out $40,000 to $50,000 for one of these luxury sports watches YOU, the buyer, will have to decide which watch to buy. There are many in this space now, ALS, U. Jurgensen, VC, PP, AP, Parmigiani, Czapek and others. The Laurent Ferrier is a fine piece, but it wouldn't be my first choice. If it is your grail piece, great.

5. Traveler Feb 7, 2022

Sports watch with a sub seconds just screams mish-mash to me.

6. Evitzee Feb 7, 2022

The original PP Nautilus, AP Royal Oak and VC 222 had NO second hand, so at least a sub-seconds dial is a step up. And every chronograph in sports watch attire, say the Daytona or Speedmaster, has a sub-second dial. All mish mashes?

7. Traveler Feb 7, 2022

Different points entirely … Chronos obviously have a big sweep seconds hand. And I know that a 5402 has no seconds hand, I have one. My point is that a sub seconds hand belongs to a very different design aesthetic.

8. Charger_Vital Feb 7, 2022

I was being a little tongue in cheek.

But I agree with you, many of the pieces you listed are grail worthy... and a grail is just that: one. For me, Laurent Ferrier watches (and this one in particular) are a cut above in the independents class. Anxious to see this one in person.

9. Dan S Feb 7, 2022

Are you absolutely sure this isn't a $150 quartz fashion watch homage to a Patek? Looks awful. ::puke::

10. Charger_Vital Feb 7, 2022

I'm not sure that they are different points entirely. Chronos are sports watches that have sub seconds; seems pretty on point to me...

But in any case, my personal opinion is the LF Sport with the sub seconds and the onion crown looks fantastic on a sports watch... perhaps someone should have thought of combining sub seconds on a sports watch long ago in the way that they have considering how obvious the styling is now that LF has shown us the light.

11. Charger_Vital Feb 7, 2022

Haha! How do you really feel?

12. knvbparis Feb 14, 2022

LF watches are always better once u have it in hands !
    compare to its peers this LF is likely a good deal.

13. Charger_Vital Feb 14, 2022

You raise an excellent point. If you've ever held a Ferrier in hand, you immediately know that their pieces are special; well in the upper tier of haute horology watchmaking. I personally love this new piece. I can't wait to see it in the flesh.

14. MTROIS Feb 14, 2022

I would also want to wait to see it in the metal before placing judgment, but the last few releases from LF give me the impression that their watches are really thick and bulky. Nothing I would expect from a watchmaker at this level.

15. bradurani Feb 14, 2022

They make such absolutely gorgeous dress watches, why buy a "me too" steel sports watch? Check the Gallet Square Microrotor. Yowzers!

16. knvbparis Feb 15, 2022

and ligthness of the grade 5 titanium will offer something that you can only value once you have it on the wrist !

17. Charger_Vital Feb 15, 2022

It's basically the same size and thickness as a Rolex Daytojna / Submariner. I wouldn't consider that bulky... Especially since its made in titanium. But to your point, you've got to see it in the metal to now for sure.

PP Nautilus 5711 (8.4mm)
    AP Royal Oak (10.8mm)
    FP Journe Octa Sport (11.6mm)
    Moser Streamliner (11.8mm)
    Rolex Daytona (12.2mm)
    GMT Master / Submariner (12.4mm)
    Laurent Ferrier Sport (12.7mm)
    Speedmaster 3861 (13.2mm)
    Speedmaster 1861 (13.7mm)
    Parmagiani Tondagraph GT (13.7)
    Omega Seamaster 300 (13.8mm - 15mm depending on year)
    Royal Oak Offshore (15mm)

18. Charger_Vital Feb 15, 2022

Why not buy a sports watch? Nobody puts baby in the corner!

Kidding aside... I would offer this for thought on why an LF sport watch is a good thing: for a guy like me, who doesn't have many occasions to wear a formal-looking dress watch, it offers an opportunity to own and wear a Laurent Ferrier. Whether they please your personal taste or not, or whether you think it is a "me too" watch (which I think is a little hyperbolic since you can literally say that about every watch manufacturer) the LF manufacturing house is special. And the watches they produce are truly lovely. I don't have many occasions to wear and appreciate dress watches. I've long admired FPJ, for example, but I never pulled the trigger on one because I'm an active guy who likes to dress more casually. And I just wouldn't be able to appreciate it. So it's gotta be a sports watch.

That all said, both the LF Gallet and the Origin are outstanding lines, especially the Gallet! I loved the Gallet Boreal model in particular, which lives in the boundary between dressy and sporty. As dress watches go, the Gallets are at the top of my list along with the Patek Worldtime and the FPJ (several models).

19. bradurani Feb 15, 2022

I'm hereby making it my mission to popularize T-shirt + jeans + gold dress watch. Yes it works. Yes it's awesome. Call it a "creative pairing", and your status as fashion icon is confirmed

20. Charger_Vital Feb 16, 2022

It works... but only if you tuck your t-shirt into your jeans (no belt), put sock on underneath your Birkenstocks and order a "pop" when you really want a soda.

But.... maybe you could be the first guy to make that.... any of that... cool. You have my support.

timoss likes this.