Forums Latest Members

Late father’s Omega - Can anyone shed some light?

1. JwSeamaster Oct 15, 2017

Hi all,

Bit of a newcomer, and immiately showing up asking for help. I lost my father earlier this year, and this is his watch gifted for either his 18th or 21st Birthday. Apparently at the time he was told the money was spent on the watch, not the strap (not that the strap pictured is original, it’s a cheap temporary fit).

Annoyingly I took 1 picture when I last had access to it, so I don’t have a picture of the back - however it was quite plan, with just a Seahorse logo in the centre (covering only the middle of the caseback, not the entire thing).

I don’t know anything about it, other than it’s an Omega Seamaster of some kind. I think my parents had it serviced and valued around 15 years ago (maybe more) and we’re told it’s worth in the thousands of GBP. I’ve tried having a look on ebay, Chrono24, and on here, but I can’t seem to find anything similar.

Does anyone know anything else about this piece? Thanks in advance.

23B11813-A7B7-426C-A009-8BD7929EFABD.jpeg
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 15, 2017

We need pictures of the movement and inside caseback.

It's a neat piece, coin edge bezels are not particularly common on Omega's hence your inability to find a similar piece.

If you cannot easily remove the caseback. Any decent watch maker can do it for you.

3. JwSeamaster Oct 15, 2017

Thanks for the response, I had suspected that might be required. I think I might be able to get it to a watch maker at the end of the month and get some caseback and movement pictures.

Thanks!

4. lillatroll Oct 15, 2017

Is the case back gold or stainless steel? This will let you know if it is gold or gold plated. If stainless steel tjen it will be gold plated.There is probably a hall mark on one of the lugs too if it is solid gold.

5. JwSeamaster Oct 15, 2017

I remember the case back being gold in colour - your comment makes sense, I remember my mum saying it’s solid gold. When I get it at the end of the month I’ll check for hallmark too.

Thanks

6. ConElPueblo Oct 15, 2017

Are you by any chance from the UK?

I seem to remember a Dennison-cased 9ct version of these...

Foo2rama likes this.
  7. JwSeamaster Oct 15, 2017

Yes UK based. I’ll do some googling on Dennison - anything else you can add would be amazing.

Thanks

8. ConElPueblo Oct 15, 2017

JimInOz, AveConscientia and Noddyman like this.
  9. JwSeamaster Oct 15, 2017

I think that’s it - thank you so much. This has been on my mind for months. I’ll try and confirm at the end of the month.