Forums Latest Members

Las Vegas Trip, Went Window Shopping

1. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Jul 1, 2014

I went to Las Vegas with a few friends and made an effort to scout out some watch stores and oogle.

The first I went to was Tourneau, which was easily the coolest. They had lots of "booths", each isolated from the others. Patek Philippe, Vacheron, Jaeger Lecoultre, and many others were represented. I was very happy to see a small booth for Nomos. I tried on the watch next to black-dialed one. It fit much better than I thought!

[​IMG]

Tourneau also had a large used watch section with a gorgeous moonphase calendar Universal Geneve. Of course, all of their watches were priced about twice what they'd go for on an Ebay auction - but I wasn't there to buy.

I might add that the employees there were really great. No pressure at all. You come to them, they don't come to you unless you've been oogling at a booth for a long time. And they're very nice.

citizenrich likes this.
  2. NT931 Jul 1, 2014

Is that one the new 38mm Orion? (or the 35mm?) My wrists are slim too and I was wondering if the 38mm fit well or was too big. I've tried the 35mm and it's just a tad smallish.

3. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Jul 1, 2014

It seemed to be the 35mm. A 38mm would have overpowered my (apparently more) slim wrists.

4. repoman Jul 1, 2014

Vegas is great for window shopping. I agree about Tourneau, staff are really friendly, the inventory is amazing. I was just there a week ago. Just across from Tourneau is Roman Times, good selection of Zenith, IWC, Hublot, and others. Again, friendly staff, don't mind you drooling on the counter-tops. Bellagio has an Omega Boutique as well.