Forums Latest Members
  1. RelozoBoi Nov 2, 2019

I discovered this brand from one of my watchmaker friends and quickly got interested. My dream of owning an FPJ CB has now been changed to owning a L&H piece. This is also due to the fact that I can't get one even if I want to.

I have been planning a trip to HK or SG to try one,but Australia recently got an AD for the brand.

Anybody here own one and just have any feedback with the watches themselves?

2. NT931 Nov 2, 2019

Friend of mine has the L&H Georg. The movement is lovely, but I'm not a big fan of the rectangular case, nor their "triple" lugs that require a special strap. The proportions of the case, and the dial, are not so harmonious, at least to me. I do however, like their hands. I'd take a Lange 1815 or Large 1 over a Georg anyday.

3. Ralph971 Nov 8, 2019

4. Jay(Eire) Jan 4, 2020

Fantastic watches in the metal. Given the low production numbers you should call ahead to whatever point of sale you might visit to see what they have in stock. Last time I was in HK their AD had two pieces, SG only one I believe so I didn’t bother to go there.

Also, keep in mind there have been material changes at L&H recently, Marco Lang is no longer there. That may or may not impact your decision making.

5. Cozmopak Jan 23, 2020

Any more opinions? I too am not interested in their rectangular watch, but some of their other designs are quite appealing.

6. pongster Jan 24, 2020

I saw one in a HK store. But chose the ressence. My second choice was the singer.

What i saw was nice and clean. But that lang didnt sing to me.

In my mind, am thinking of getting a GO for my next german.

Was in dresden last november. Didnt realize lang was from there till now. Did see the order of princes from which lang gets the names of its various models.

7. Cozmopak Jan 24, 2020

Do you remember which model you saw of the Lang?

8. pongster Jan 25, 2020

^ i dont remember the exact model sir. I think i didnt even ask. I didnt even ask to try it on. Just saw it in display case.

It’s round. White metal. White dial. If i recall correctly. Didnt jump at me so dont remember much.

The store’s name is Lavish Attic. What jumped at me was the Ressence (that i bought), the Singer (that i was thinking of buying) and the Chaykin Joker (that i was thinking of ordering).

The Lang just piqued my curiosity as I thought it was a precursor to ALS. Like Vacheron & Constantin for VC and LeCoultre for JLC. But i was told it was a modern watch. German also but different from Lange.

Dresden and Glashutte are neighboring towns i think. If i wasnt with my wife then, i would have done a watch tour.