Forums Latest Members

landeron 248 vs Valjoux 7733

1. redzer007 Jun 17, 2016

Hi All,

With an inbound Omega being purchased on Sunday- I'm sizing up my collection determining what can go. I have a new rule : one in = one out.

I have it narrowed down to 2, one of which is the below picture Travita Chrono - probably mid to late 60s with a nod to a Heuer Camaro. I have owned this for a couple of years and I have always assumed it had a Valjoux 7733 movement. I have seen the same case numerous times with different now defunct brands on the dial- and they always had 7733s in them - so I figured this was the same.

However I took the case back off this evening and there is a Landeron 248 ticking away nicely. I'm actually inclined to keep it now as I think the Landeron is bit more interesting than the Valjoux.

My question is what are people opinions on the 2 movements? And do people think my late sixties estimate is accurate or is it likely to be 70s?

thanks for the input

Redmond

1.jpg 3.jpg
  2. ulackfocus Jun 17, 2016

For our next thread topic, we'll be arguing over who is the tallest midget at the circus....... :D

Remember that the Valjoux 77xx series are dependable calibers that are easy to find parts for. ;)