Forums Latest Members
  1. ethankins Mar 21, 2021

I apologize if this question is dumb, i am sort of new at this and learning as I go. I really like old chronographs, I have two watches that I think are both landeron 148s but when you open them up they look different. My question is two fold, one is if they are both 148s why the difference? second is what resources do you use to find out what movement is in a watch, i know some of you can just call it immediately by sight, but there must be some online catalog of movements, i just have been unable to locate it. Anyway here are pics of my two, one is a Leda and one is a Rodana (pre Rodiana) please feel free to tell me anything you know about these watches. thanks!

le-3.jpg rh-3.jpg
  2. Dan S Mar 21, 2021

The second one looks more like a cal 48. Why do you say it is a 148?

3. ethankins Mar 23, 2021

The seller of the watch said he thought they were both 148s, then i went and looked at a bunch of pictures on the internet and a couple were i guess mislabeled calling it a 148, but I kept seeing the differences and it had me confused. I just looked at a bunch of cal 48 pictures and I do believe you are right. Thank you for the help on this.

Also is there like an authoritative reference guide with pics that people use in cases like this? or is this just something you have learned by experience seeing tons of movements. i would really like to learn more about these things.

4. JwRosenthal Mar 23, 2021

5. ethankins Mar 23, 2021

6. JwRosenthal Mar 23, 2021

If you google any watch movement “Landeron 148”- ranfft comes up usually in the first few hits. It’s not always correct, but it’s handy and has the movment family on the side so you can search other movements for parts