Forums Latest Members

Landed: Speedmaster Moonwatch Ltd.Ed. Apollo 11 50th Anniversary :)

1. enjoythemusic Nov 23, 2019

New guy saying hi. Have mom and dad's circa 1970 Dynamic timepieces (just had my watch guys carefully restore the movements) plus a ?1980s? DeVille tank.

Back OT...

Just got my very first Speedmaster :)

Huuuuuge thanks to Rock Star status Nicholas Squitieri at Mayors Jewelers in Tampa for pulling off a small miracle! Presented here is the OMG OMEGA Speedmaster Moonwatch Limited Edition series Apollo 11 50th Anniversary mechanical timepiece (Ref. 310.20.42.50.01.001). The bracelet is soooo smooth and comfy! Feels almost like silk (no, really, she is THAT smooooooth). Very good wrist balance, with the overall feel being not too heavy, nor too light. She feels just right.

It's also easy to read the dial in many lighting conditions. More than i expected, actually. Daily beater for a while has been the Rolex Polar; its' massive lume light with white background dial... so was a bit concerned about night-time viewing with the OMEGA. Those smaller lume dots on the Speedmaster was a wildcard of sorts, and happy to report they stay energized enough to read the time at 4am when i roll out of bed to get to work.

Comfort has been excellent as wear timepieces 24/7/365. Love that Speedmaster multi-angle case as it adds a visual dimension other timepieces lack. Can not stress enough how comfy the bracelet is. Wow! A joy to wear, and accurate too (+2 sec/day). [​IMG]

Thanks again Nick. OH, and before i forget, they were nice enough to throw in a few cool chachkies including the gold Astronaut lapel pin and slick small gold ball point pen.

Now i just need to thumb a ride aboard a SpaceX / Blue Origin / Boeing Starliner :)

Life... is... good. As always... enjoy your time [​IMG]

Speedmaster_Face_Lander.jpg Speedmaster_Moonwatch_Wrist.jpg Speedmaster_Watch_Box.jpg Both_Close.jpg Complete_Watch_Booklet_Tool.jpg DeVille.jpg
    STANDY, EricCsN, Toishome and 3 others like this.
  2. Bushido Nov 23, 2019

Big congrats on the Speedy 50th and welcome to the forums!

3. speedydownunder Nov 23, 2019

Congrats. Agree that it is a piece which is a delight to have on the wrist

4. Om3ga321 Nov 24, 2019

That bracelet is creamy to wear.

5. enjoythemusic Nov 24, 2019

Thanks evereyone, and yes the bracelet is sooo comfy!

SN in mid 3k for those keeping track..