Forums Latest Members
  1. nelson07 Aug 8, 2017

Hello,
    I'm a new member who has owned mostly ladies vintage Omega's for quite some time.
    I have a new Ladymatic I just purchased that I really like. Since I've never really found anyone as interested in Omega watches as I am I've never had a forum in which to talk about the brand and their many watches.
    I've done some searching on the web just reading about Omega their history etc. but I'd like to hear anyone chime in about what they think of the 1960's Omega Ladymatics.
    They seem to be very dependable watches and made very well so what do folks think about their dependability, beauty, workmanship etc...
    I've included a few photo's of my new old watch. I'm guessing that this was made in the 60's or 70's does anyone know if this is accurate? It is 19mm without the lugs and a beautiful stainless steel finish.
    Thank you for this great forum!

2s-l1600.jpg 3s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg
    mikechi22 likes this.
  2. DON Aug 8, 2017

60's model. Good solid movements. Sort of miniatures of the their larger brothers of the time

Can buy them for a lot less than the mens models

Problem is. Majority of talk here is men's watches. Maybe look around for the boys model watches which are around 32 mm in size

DON

3. Vitezi Aug 8, 2017

4. nelson07 Aug 9, 2017

Thank you all so much for your replies. I will read the threads and soak in the knowledge.
    I have noticed that the forums are geared towards mens watches but this is what I would expect since typically mens watches are soooooo much more expensive than the ladies watches. This is my good fortune since I've been able to pick up a few really nice ladies Omegas for quite a reasonable amount.
    I have a wonderful DeVille and a couple others which I alternate and use different days of the week. I also really like Longines and Rado watches. I have 3 Longines and 2 Rados - I really like the green horse and the purple horse. One of my Longines has a classic black dial and a sweep hand. It is also stainless steel. Another one is from the 60's and also has a sweep hand but is not stainless steel.
    I have found that Omega seems to be the most reliable and I love the old classic designs.
    I'm very happy to have found this forum and it will provide me with many hours of interesting reads.

mikechi22 likes this.
  5. bgrisso Aug 9, 2017

What size are your wrists? You can also go for smaller size men's watches. My gf wears a 36mm explorer quite nicely. Obviously if you can get great deals on ladies watches that's cool, but I would hesitate to sink a lot of $ into a ladies collection, probably won't see the same kind of investment appreciation. Just something to consider.

mikechi22 likes this.
  6. nelson07 Aug 9, 2017

I have small wrists - 6" around and I usually get a 7" watch strap. 36mm looks a bit large on my wrist. I prefer leather, lizard, ostrich, & calf straps and really don't care for the feel of metal straps on my wrists. The largest I would go for in a dial is about 25mm.
    I do have an Omega ladies DeVille that has a stainless steel mesh band and mine does not have a crown but instead a button to push to set the time. It is very comfortable on my wrist and just the right size for me.
    Speaking of the what I call "button" instead of the crown on my DeVille - I rarely see any Omega's with this type of winding, it this rare or did the design not make a hit with customers?
    I've looked on this forum to try and find an Omega like mine but so far I've not found any posts about this type of time set mechanism.
    Can anyone recommend a thread on this site or anywhere I can find out more about this watch?
    What is the smallest dial that Omega makes in Mens watches?
    As always thanks for this great venue!

7. IDXM Nov 11, 2017

Just wanted add few pictures of my wife’s 24th anniversary present. It was serviced by Vintage Watch Restoration after another watchmaker would not take on the task. VWR seems to have parts,which appears to be an issue but wasn’t necessary in this case. 77399F74-5C9A-40F9-AD5D-AA8EB7E174B6.jpeg 97A8460D-0115-4627-B295-326D6CA1F7F8.jpeg

Justme likes this.
  8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 11, 2017

My GF with tiny wrists who needs a custom strap wear my 39mm Speedy date no issues