Forums Latest Members
  1. Wildfire Nov 19, 2018

Hey all

I have finally achieved my dream of getting myself a new Speedy moon watch this year. Next year I am getting married and I'd like to get my future wife an Omega. She's not really a watch person, but does appreciate a nice watch, most day she wears her fit bit, but I would like to get her something to wear on nice occasions.

When it comes to the vintage Omegas I am pretty lost and having read up about all the fakes and re-dials etc. I'm just looking for some advice.

I'm looking at around the £500-750 mark, if that can get anything good and I don't mind manual wind. I think something with a bit of character and maybe with a bracelet rather than a strap. She does like Art Deco styling.

Any suggestions or suggestions on what I can start looking at?

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Nov 19, 2018

Congrats on your watch. There are several threads on this subject so a site search might be a good place to start. My personal opinion is to take her shopping for one rather than surprising her. It's safer that way and it's also good way to bond because, sure as hell, you'll fuck it up without her input. That's not an indictment of you, it's the laws of nature.

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Nov 19, 2018

I too am a believer in the "You Choose, I'll Pay" process.

It avoids the "How do you like it Darling?".
    [​IMG]

efauser likes this.