Forums Latest Members
  1. Lynds68 Apr 21, 2015

Hello,
    I am looking to make my first SM purchase and as there is very little information out there on the ladies' styles I figured this might be the place to ask.
    I came across this watch based on the movement no. dating it back to ca. 1966. I have no experience with Seamasters but a couple of things seemed off: Firstly, I have never seen two series of numbers on the inside case back on any Omega model and secondly, I have only seen case back SM logos on a medal - is there something to worry about based on these things or are there any obvious red flags you might be able to identify?
    I have included the sellers photos below.

[​IMG]

I tried to do my homework and found an old eBay listing that looks identical to this one that I found elsewhere. The case back and double numbers are also present. Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Omega-Seamaster-Women-039-s-Mechanical-Wristwatch-Cal-630-/301315092529?nma=true&si=C2ix9UfiZSj3uO5%2BlYmZhhScp%2FI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    I tried to do some more research as I would rather not end up with a fake and came across this page from an 1976 British catalogue - could this be the same watch, case back number appears to match? http://www.old-omegas.com/pics/cat67en/p20.jpg

Any advice from those with better knowledge than me is appreciated

Edited Apr 21, 2015
    ChrisN and noelekal like this.
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 21, 2015

Hello and welcome.

Its quite genuine.

Case back looks correct, plenty of Seamasters have the stamped logo as seen here and its not that uncommon to have more than on referent number inside.

How much are they asking for the watch?

Lynds68 and noelekal like this.
  3. ChrisN Apr 22, 2015

Lynds68 likes this.
  4. Lynds68 Apr 23, 2015

Apologies for the delayed reply, work has kept me away -
    Gentlemen, thank you for taking the time to help me out, I feel a bit silly for completely missing the tip on the Omega vintage database about extra 0's and not being able to find it myself::facepalm2::
    Encouraged by your comments I have bought this watch for just over 300$/£200 and notified my regular watchmaker about a new arrival so I can get this looked at.

This is a 22mm diameter. I'm not sure how often these come up for sale but hopefully your wife will be able to locate one too.

5. ChrisN Apr 23, 2015

I shall keep an eye out for her. Nearly every post here is about men's watches as it is virtually everywhere. As you have a regular Watchmaker, do you have a collection? I'd certainly be interested to see some in a smaller size to give my wife some inspiration. She has small wrists so the modern ladies watches are not to her taste. Two of hers are in my thread here:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/chr...d-an-amateur-vintage-style-watch-build.18596/

Cheers, Chris