Forums Latest Members
  1. scook94 Nov 6, 2014

So the GLW has indicated that she'd quite like a vintage watch for her Christmas present this year. Naturally I'm thinking Omega, but my knowledge on Gentlemen's Omegas is limited enough, never mind a Ladies!

Can someone please advise what I should be looking for? Movement, price bracket etc? I realise they aren't deemed collectible around these parts, but hopefully I'll be able pick up something relatively cheap, but I don't mind spending up to 500GBP for a 50s or 60s watch. TIA.

2. ConElPueblo Nov 6, 2014

Unless your SO finds really tiny watches interesting, you are best off with a gentleman's version - the women's models I know of, while very attractive, are diminutive.

3. scook94 Nov 6, 2014

Thanks for the reply. I know she's certainly had her eye on my 60s Seamaster! I'd been looking at the following on that auction site. I'm not convinced the second is particularly a ladies though?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281483707751?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251695589142?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

4. ConElPueblo Nov 6, 2014

It sure is, the size is the giveaway; had it been a men's model it would have been, what, 8mm wider? It looks pretty rough though, so I would stay away. Ladies' Omegas are not very sought after, so you should be able to find a very decent model in you price range.

The first one is "only" gold plated, but looks a bit less rough. However, it'll probably need a service and a new strap; the one on it is vile.

5. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Nov 6, 2014

My wife loves an Omega Ladymatic I got her a couple years ago. Stainless steel, round face, champagne dial, center second hand, with a Seamaster logo on the back, she wears it on a tan leather strap but the effect is quite nice. It's small but not dinky like a cocktail watch and looks quite smart. Don't know when it was manufactured but am guessing late 1950s/early 1960s. Unfortunately, I don't have a photo of it and will have to wait until it returns home from a servicing at the watch shop. I'd like to know more about it.

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 6, 2014

My first ever post has two ladies Omega,s i still have. Will part with either. Search ason phone and dont have pic,s