Forums Latest Members
  1. Suprasonic Sep 10, 2016

Hello everyone,

I just recently joined the forum, this being my very first post. I have been interested in watches all my life, and have recently started collecting higher end watches. I have a few Omegas- I inherited my father's Seamaster Deville and purchased a Seamaster Co-Axial, one of the last of the blue wave-dials.

Last week, on a whim, I purchased a steel ladies Geneve automatic date with a mint green dial as a gift for my wife. The watch seems to be in decent shape and the seller claimed it had a recent service. Today, I took it to my local Omega shop, and just short of opening the back, they thought it was a nice complete watch. You can make out the tiny Omega symbol in the center of the crystal, as well as on the crown and bracelet clasp. I plan on taking it to a watch shop for them to open the back to check the movement and get any numbers or info off the back.

Short of that, I know nothing about Geneve watches! From the sparse information online I understand they are a more of an entry-level watch, but how long were they made? Home many case styles? How many dial colors? What would the approximate year of my watch be? literally, any information you on the forum could share would be very helpful for me appreciate the watch more. I know this isn't an investment-grade timepiece, but my wife loves wearing it as a daily.

Thank you all in advance!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. Suprasonic Sep 11, 2016

Bump

There has to be more information out there about the Geneve line. I did a search of the forum and did not find much in the way of history, but with so many passionate Omega fans here, there has to be more information available.