Forums Latest Members
  1. connieseamaster May 5, 2018

Long time listener, first time caller. I've gotten it into my head to hunt down a ladies Geneve Dynamic with a blue bullseye dial. Are there any red flags specific to this model that I should keep any eye out for when evaluating possible contenders?

Also, in the height of all ironies, I found this ()https://m.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-OMEG...m=282949982422&_trksid=p2509164.c100904.m5276Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network) the other day and am considering putting in an offer. Is there anything in the listing (other than the fact that it's apparently running over a minute fast), that's a red flag?

Thanks for any advice!

Edited May 5, 2018
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! May 5, 2018

Please post the photos, not just the link.

3. connieseamaster May 5, 2018

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sorry about that. I think I shortened the link too much originally

Edited May 5, 2018
  4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 5, 2018

Price is a bit steep for a case that has seen the nasty side of a lapping wheel/sander to do a "restore".

Compare the sharp case finish with the well aged crystal.

Bracelet is "short" and has come from Japan, so may not fit the average woman unless they have "thin wrists".

The one good thing is that it's a front access only case which deters tinkerers, so the movement may be unmolested, but will almost certainly require servicing for that very reason.

connieseamaster likes this.
  5. connieseamaster May 5, 2018

Thanks for the catch on the case. I was planning on offering $150 to see what happens, do you think that'd be too high of an offer or just pass altogether?

6. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder May 5, 2018

Love these. My sister has one.
    I would say at 150 you cannot go wrong, though you will spend that again on a service.
    Of course in an open auction its hardly going to sell at all.
    So its play money, and a plaything.
    So there it is.
    I'd buy it.

connieseamaster likes this.
  7. connieseamaster May 18, 2018

Well, seller wouldn't budge and I didn't see any other examples with this pristine of a dial so I bit. The good news is that there's a 30 day return policy so I can take it to my watchmaker within that period and he can tell me if I wasted my money.

Edited May 18, 2018