Forums Latest Members

Ladies Aquaracer Alternative

1. redzer007 Sep 13, 2020

Hi all,

My cousin wants to buy herself a watch and not being a WIS likes the look of the latest ladies tag aquaracer, blue, quartz. 35mm. Oysterstyle bracelet

Screenshot_20200913-202810.jpg

I'm thinking there may be more watch to be had for her 1500 to 2k budget.

As this is 35mm my immediate thought was a SMP. mis size, but dont think the bracelet will go down well. Also case is less bold.

What am I not the thinking of? Any micro brands doing sub 38 divers?

On the upside trawling for a watch for someone else is a lot cheaper.

Oh, Tudor mini sub, is top of this at the moment.

Thanks for your ideas

2. connieseamaster Sep 13, 2020

*Maybe* you find a Doxa Sub 200 (the ladies version of the Doxa Sub 300, not what Doxa makes as a Sub 200 now), but those are a pain in the ass to find as less than 2000 were ever made. Looks like there's one on Chrono24 right now for a not awful price: https://www.chrono24.com/doxa/doxa-swiss-sub-200-nymph-lady-diver-watch-1960--id15348497.htm

For more modern production...Longines Legend Diver in 36mm or a Rado Captain Cook in 37mm (this one has a bunch of colors available).

3. Twocats Married... with children Sep 13, 2020

My wife has this exact watch and in the daylight its really pretty and the light changes the colour. Tag also did a limited green Aquaracer which she has too. I personally love it but for ladies to be their only watch a more neutral black or white is probably best.

The wife also has two Oris Aquis in 36.5mm and she loves them the most. They are really beautiful and have the Sellita movement plus they are an independent house.

4. redzer007 Sep 13, 2020

Excellent suggestions, thx

Also, i want to clarify, I can see why she likes the tag and there is a lot to be said for quartz

Plenty to ponder

Twocats likes this.