Forums Latest Members
  1. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 21, 2012

2. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Sep 21, 2012

Cool! A little polishing and a crown will bring that one back to life. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

alam likes this.
  3. rbird7282 Sep 21, 2012

That's very nice Kyle!:thumbsup:

MKelley likes this.
  4. alam Sep 21, 2012

+1 :thumbsup:

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Sep 24, 2012

I asked the seller if he would ship to Australia- he said no.

clearly we Must be some backward, third world nation! Would the other Aussies here perhaps like to send the seller a message asking if he will ship to Australia? Perhaps the market will prevail and he will change his mind if he sees he is missing out on business

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 24, 2012

If it were something I absolutely must have, I'd get an American I trust to buy it and front him the cash + remailing along with a tip (nothing major, just enough for a bottle of bottom shelf rum or bourbon depending on whether or not he's a Kentuckian).

Also when asking I do it something like this:

If the seller is from Texas or Alabama, mention that you've hunted a saltwater croc with a .303. The more G'days, Dunnys, Blokes, and barbecued shrimp you mention the more willing they'll be, works every time on Americans.

7. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Sep 24, 2012

See, given you are a queenslander, that could actually be how you speak ;) I'll be up in Emu Park, Outside Rocky this weekend and I'm sure we'll have a few barbies, shrimps and Sheilas up there :)

But seriously, I'm going to think about it. Lets see where the price is in a day or two. Any ideas in fair value? Noting that the seller says it isn't running.

8. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 24, 2012

Sorry about that. Many Americans on eBay simply don't want to deal with the hassle of customs paperwork and extra postage when chances are there will be a buyer in the USA. The reality is that I've had more problems with the USPS deliveries than with any foreign post office. Deliveries from Canada sometimes take longer than deliveries from China.

Highly doubtful that he will change his mind, but you can try.
    gatorcpa

9. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Sep 24, 2012

I have to deal with that all the time. The worst thing is when you try to "ask a question", it pops up something like "sorry, the buyer cannot anwer your question at this time etc....."

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 24, 2012

I hate that... Who even sets that option if they're trying to sell something?

11. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Sep 24, 2012

Correction : The seller, not buyer, sorry.
    Yes, when I tried to "ask a question in shipping" it pops up like that

12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 24, 2012

Yea I know what you mean, you can't make an offer, or arrange shipping options. I tried to make an offer to buy an 14K BoR bracelet off a guy that had it attached to a badly redialed Constellation that was just complete junk, but I couldn't offer to buy the bracelet without the shitty watch attached to it.