Forums Latest Members
  1. turbineboy Apr 21, 2017

I thought I would share this.

Last week my Omega X-33 Skywalker started hinting of a battery replacement....the 5 second jump thing.

I took it in to the local Omega boutique last week on Monday and the lady there took down my information and inspected the watch and provided me with the receipt for the watch saying how they don't do any service at the boutique and would send it in for me. I requested that the watch be returned to be by next friday as this is my travel watch and I would be leaving on Saturday for an international trip. I even offered to pay for expedited service if that was an option. In was told a battery replacement would cost $60.

The boutique called me back yesterday telling me my watch was back. I picked it up today.

Without me asking, Omega had removed/polished the titanium bracelet and given the watch a good cleaning. They even got out some brown spray paint I had gotten on the case off.
    The watch looks like it did when I first got it.....like new.... And I always thought scratches on the titanium bracelet could not be removed easily.
    Not to mention I really do like the little red case they provided with the watch....a handy travel case.

I have sent my watches in to rolex, breitling, and a couple other manufacturers in the past. Not even close when it comes to a friendly conversation or service.....and that includes a walk-in at the local rolex service center.

Overall, I am truly impressed by this level of customer service and quick turn around.

I might sound like an omega fan boy now. But that's fine. My watch is back and I now have another reason why I like Omega.

20170421_205019.jpg 20170421_205118.jpg 20170421_205150.jpg

ahartfie, Bugster987 and munichblue like this.
  2. wsfarrell Apr 21, 2017

Are you posting from a nearby planet? Omega factory service usually costs hundreds of dollars and takes 4-6 weeks plus. You're one lucky guy......

opusx11ca and Foo2rama like this.
  3. turbineboy Apr 22, 2017

This was just a battery change.... Not a full blown service.
    I have paid $800+ to rolex for a basic service.

Then again, not sure how much service they could do on a quartz watch short of swapping out the entire assembly.

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 22, 2017

Yeah you got a full blown service. For 60 bucks and a fast turn around. Have you purchased a bunch of watches from them?

5. cvera Apr 22, 2017

That's a nice experience. Did the receipt indicate that they did the cleaning and polishing?

Maybe the employee working on your watch just did it on accident, because he wanted to, or it is standard. I'm not sure what it is but either way looks good.

6. turbineboy Apr 22, 2017

No. The receipt just says battery replaced...... and "fine adjustment position #2". Not sure what that could mean.

No mention of cleaning or polishing.

I have two omega watches. This speedmaster and a seamaster..... Bought both at different boutiques..... So maybe I just got lucky with this service.

7. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Apr 22, 2017

Kudos to you for sharing a positive experience with a vendor!

Our natural inclination is to only speak out when we want to rant about bad experiences.

opusx11ca and ahartfie like this.