Forums Latest Members
  1. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 4, 2013

2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 4, 2013

Isn't it the full set that he auctioned last time? The winner which won the RG and YG didn't honor his bid, and it seems the second highest bidder in RG also not catching the opportunity.
    He may want to see his luck by separating the head (will end poorly I guess) and the bracelet (will fare better..........dsio?)

I heard the YG second highest bidder took his chance.

3. seamonster Respectable Member Jun 5, 2013

Respectable Member Privateday7

I think these two items are already over-exposed. With some sadness I agree, the results will end, poorly. It is really a lovely and beautifully-crafted top-end Omega watch.

Thank-you.

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 5, 2013

Respectable member Seamonster,
    Indeed it is the top-end watch - not only compare to among Omegas IMO. I think Grand Luxe will not be afraid to be held against gold Patek. Definitely it is better than vintage gold vintage Rolexes (of course I am biased here).

However since someone has deface it with such cruelty, I believe it has lost at least 40 % of its value.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 6, 2013

There's still value to be had here even though the dial refinishing must be factored in.

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 9, 2013

The head went for USD 4444, a decent value considering it is a refinished dial. So much the attraction on Rosegold. I think if it is not redial it could go near 6,000.
    The bracelet took 3450 home. I don't know what is the value of the gold there, but it seems a decent price.

At the end kstar get ~7,900 for the package. Down a little bit from last auction.

7. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Jun 9, 2013

Hope he gets paid.

8. seamonster Respectable Member Jun 9, 2013

Respectable Member Gavin

The past few months or so, we have seen a good number of this, being listed by kstar. Somehow or rather, its glamor as an uncommon piece, to a certain degree is diminished.

If he does not get paid, there will be another round.

Thank-you.

9. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 9, 2013

I stand corrected, the total actually increase a little bit (last time 7699). Of course that's if he got paid.