Forums Latest Members
  1. lillatroll Aug 13, 2016

I purchased a NOS seamaster 176.007 that was described as fully functioning. This is definately not the case. The watch does not function as the hands cannot be moved and the movement is loose inside the case. He has offered me a full refund minus shipping which is a fair solution but I want to keep the watch and was hoping for some money back. He is not willing to do this, which he is entitled to do as he has offered a refund. No arguments there. However My opinion is that the sale price does not reflect the sales description. I cannot say with 100% certainty that he was aware of the actual condition of the watch but how can one say that the watch is fully functioning without checking all the functions first? The watch was not fully working and should not have been described as so. Hopefully, at the very least, he will be more precise with his descriptions in the future. The bottom line is I would not buy another watch from him, as I feel that irrispective of his offer of a full refund his discription of the watch was dishonest and by trying to set the time he would have known this immeadiately

Edited Aug 13, 2016
  2. KRLYUZH Aug 13, 2016

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the review!

Couple things everyone should see and be aware of:

Stuart bought this watch here: https://omegaforums.net/threads/new...-176-007-chronograph-perfect-condition.37327/

First of all, the watch was sold and SHIPPED on April 8th of this year. Stuart didn't contact me about an "issue" until today, August 13, 2016. He claims to live and work abroad in comparison to where the watch was shipped to, so I gave it the benefit of doubt and allowed him to return it.

The watch is from 1975, over 41 years old and was sold and shows and described as new old stock, which it was. It was never worn, it was never serviced, it was also stated that the watch was opened for the purpose of getting the serial number for Omega Extract and of pictures. You can clearly see the red wax, you can clearly see the factory sticker on back, you can clearly see the original gasket eroding. The watch wound, ran, the chrono ran, stopped, and reset as I described it. You were buying an NOS watch, you were fully aware of a service recommended to be performed. The movement is loose doesn't even make sense. The movement is "held" in the case by the screw connecting it to the stem, so yea, it will move up and down as its not screwed down to the case?

So, you originally negotiated the price down from my asking price by 15% (which is fine, you entitled to a negotiation), you requested to lower the value on package so that you didn't have to pay UK customs and VAT, which I did for you and then 4 months later you come back with an issue and I STILL offer you to return it. If its really broken, as you say and if its really a huge issue for you and if you really weren't home for past 4 months, then why not return it?

I only feel as if you are simply taking advantage of the forum by "I'm going to write a review about you if we don't come to an agreement (aka refund me some money)" deal and was hoping to find something wrong with it to get a further discount. You're not stuck with it, you were presented a solution which you opted out of.

Cheers!

Meme-Dweller likes this.
  3. rbob99 Aug 13, 2016

The seller offers a full refund and you're complaining?

4. lillatroll Aug 13, 2016

The claim about me living and working abroad is completely true.
    You offered a refund, I acept that for you this is reasonable solution. But not for me.
    My correspondence with you is not about me trying to take advantage, but simply about me offering what I think would be an acceptable solution. We disagree about this which is fine. We can agree to disagree. My only complaint is about the fact that the watch was described as being fully functioning which it is not and in my opinion should be reflected in the price. Again we can agee to disagee. It is completly true that I did not pay the asking price, however, the asking price was already more than 1000 dollars that what similar models were selling for at the time of negotiation.
    My review is entirely subjectively based on my opinion of the whole process. Your link says the watch"winds smoothly, runs, and all functions work as they should" This is completly false as the watch does not work as it should. It is impossible to change the time because you cannot move the hands.
    Again, you have offered a refund, a fair solution. But a better solution for me would be to get a further reduction of the price I paid. I am prepared to accept the watch and I am willing to pay for the watch to be restored to working order. We disagree about a reduction in price, thats ok. My review is based on my personal exprience of the transaction, which is based on your description. I told you that my review would be based on my opinion (subjective) of this deal.
    My opinion is that, based on the description given, the watch was overpriced, even including the 15% off the original price. Secondly I think you did not check the watch and knew that it did not work as described i.e. fully functioning. You are entitled to your opinion. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. It is not my intention to mislead anyone to be unfair to you as a seller or suggest that you are a lying, cheating, dishonest seller. my review is simply based on my experience of dealing with you, 4 months on or otherwise.
    As far as I am aware you have three reviews, 2 positive and mine which is negative.

5. lillatroll Aug 13, 2016

I am not complaining about the sellers solution. It is simply that I feel that a reduction in selling price reflects the true condition of the watch in relation to the description given in the sellers ad. My review is based on my opion of the transaction that took place. He offered what,he and many might consider, a reasonable solution. I dont happen to agree. You and everyone else can decide for yourselves. My review is only based on my experience. Buyers can make ther own minds up as to if they wish to buy from KRLYUZH or not.

6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 14, 2016

There's no other way to describe this review than a cheap shot. You negotiated and accepted the original price, if the watch wasn't as described, return it for the refund that was offered. Don't come here and publicly kick the seller in the sack because, five months later, you want a better deal.

7. lillatroll Aug 14, 2016

I am not tryingto kick the seller in the sack. My review is a reflection of my view of the tranaction as i see it. The seller is willing to give me a full refund. I would like to keep the watch but for a price that I feel reflects the condition of the watch rather than the condition of the watch as it was described in the ad. I am not trying to "negotiate a better deal" I have no complaints regarding the solution offered even if I would prefer a different solution. My review is based on the fact that the seller described the watch as fully functioning which it is not. I believe he would have known this if he had tried to wind the watch, it is my opinion that he at best is sloppy and at worst dishonest. At the end of the day every one is entitled to their opinion if they feel happy buying a watch from the seller then fine, I believe he probably has thousands of satisfied customers but I am not one of them. I think that this is the correct place to leave my feedback and the seller also has an opportunity to present his views on the matter.

Edited Aug 14, 2016
  8. KRLYUZH Aug 14, 2016

You said you cannot set the time (move hands), which they moved fine when the watch left here. Look at the pictures of the watch in original listing, I set the hands where they are on purpose so that you can see every hand separate and they do not block anything in particular on dial. The chrono was started and stopped at about 10 seconds so that you can clearly see the hand underneath the chrono hand as well as most of the print on dial. You can also clearly see that the minute hand was at 16 minutes in first picture and by the time I take a picture of the watch with extract in background, its at 19 minutes; indicating the watch was running. So, yes, the watch was running and wound and hands were set where they were by me, not by accident.

So, let's say by some chain of events it showed up and you can't set the time. Maybe you pulled too hard on the 41 year old crown and stem? Maybe not and its now somehow broken. Maybe the one time that YOU actually moved the crown, the stem gave in? Fine, but its not catastrophic. You said it yourself, that you were going to take the watch to watchmaker/have it serviced. Something as simple as stem change is usually included in an overhaul and if not, is less expensive than time spent arguing about it.

Once again, if you feel you were cheated, if you feel like you paid too much for this watch, etc etc etc, PLEASE just send it back to me. You say you are not happy about buying it, yet you still want to keep it. If this is not a fishing expedition for money, I don't know what is and I just have no other clue what will make you happy...

George.A, yinzerniner, rbob99 and 2 others like this.
  9. lillatroll Aug 14, 2016

Please, I am happy to accept your side of things. I accept that you may feel that this is an attempt by me to lower the price and get some money back by finding a "fault"
    My review is based on the fact that the watch, was not as described ie fully functioning and in my opinion should be reflected in the sales price.
    As it stands, we are in disagreement as to what a fair solution to this situation is. I accept that. For clarification if I send the watch back then I will have to pay shipping cost and I will loose money due to a fall in the exchange rate so for me it is probably going to work out as roughly the cost of a service. (Please don't feel that I am trying to say that is your fault or problem it is what it is )
    I feel that my review is a fair reflection of my experience of this transaction, people are entitled to agree or disagree. I love the watch and want to keep it. You have offered a full refund which is a reasonable solution but one that does not work for me. That is perfectly OK. Again I am sticking by my review and people can and will make up their own minds.

10. rollingrevolver Aug 14, 2016

I cannot see how @KRLYUZH could have done anything more for you in this deal. While I am sure that you feel you have a point, I do not think it is reasonable at all for you to want to keep the watch at your own terms. Moreover, so much time has passed that how can he be certain that it was not you who caused the problems in the watch? It is remarkable that he is even offering you a full refund for the watch 4 months after having shipped the watch out to you. I can't think of too many sellers who would even agree to that.

ac106, Steve88M3, George.A and 4 others like this.
  11. lillatroll Aug 15, 2016

Why is it unreasonable for me to have a different solution to the one offered? When disputes arise many solutions may be put forward. I am in no way critising KRLYUZH for his offer of a refund and I am in no way saying that he is wrong for not accepting mine.
    I understand a long period of time has passed since the watch being sent and me actually seeing it, but that doesn't change the fact that when I tried to move the hands they don't, thus my opinion is what it is.
    I accept that some people think my want of a reduced price is an unreasonable one based on their view of the situation, but that does not change, may view that the watch was not as described.
    My review is based on my personal point of view. Every review is a subjective one. Reading reviews on Amazon or TripAdvisor produces 100s of different opinions about the same restaurants some good some not so good.