Forums Latest Members

KRLYUZH - good seller, would buy from again

1. larryganz The cable guy Jul 26, 2014

I bought a used Omega Great White GMT from KRLYUZH, and he had great communication and super fast shipping. The price was very fair for the condition, and I had the watch in my hands in just 24 hours.

I would buy from him again.

2. Mothra Jul 26, 2014

Love the great white and I thought that was a good price too.

3. Dablitzer Jul 26, 2014

Love that watch... What do they typically sell for?

4. Mothra Jul 26, 2014

Alex, I think if you are patient you can buy them for around £1200, although a lot of asking prices are a lot higher. In the uk we then have the issue of landing them and customs costs. I looked for about six months and eventually picked up a freshly serviced one in mint condition for a little less than £1200, but it took a lot of dedicated searching. Larry's was pretty much bang on that price, so I wasn't expecting it to last long given condition.

Dablitzer likes this.
  5. NT931 Jul 27, 2014

Yes, I thought Larry got a good deal, congrats Larry!

I bought mine for $2100 almost 2 years ago (with B&P), and it was somewhat overpolished, so I overpaid slightly in my eagerness to get one. The asking prices are usually in the range of $2200-2500 but I think those prices are a little high. They pop up for sale every 6-7 weeks or so, and go pretty quickly. The red GMT hand isn't just decorative, I do find it useful when I travel. The watch though can be a tad heavy!

6. larryganz The cable guy Jul 27, 2014

I have it on a nice black/silver NATO strap today, and it's now light as a feather. I also see them going for $2,000 - $2,500 but the high end is a little optimistic, so I was happy with the price (I talked him into a very small 3% price reduction).

The movement is clean and oiled with minor scratches, and the watch gasket was good and passed a 100M pressure test after lubing the gasket and sealing it back up. The rate and amplitude on the tester are good, and the case and bracelet seem spotless. So I should get many good years from it. I might pass it down to my son for graduation in 2 years, or I may splurge on a SMP ceramic for him then, when I can buy a 2-3 year old used one.

It seems that all the ones I have seen have the whole "Speedy" bracelet with a brushed finish, instead of the tips of the center links being polished, but that surprised me. I do like it more on the bracelet, but like NATO or leather during the summers, so I'm preserving the "un-scratched" bracelet for later.

Thanks Kyrylo!

IMG_5787.jpg
  7. casavova007 Jul 27, 2014

GLWS . I sold mine a year ago in very good to mint condition for $1875.00 . I thought that was a great deal for me.
    Congrats with the great watch. Enjoy!
    Val

8. KRLYUZH Jul 29, 2014

Thanks again, Larry! Please enjoy it.

9. larryganz The cable guy Feb 5, 2015

Thanks again to KRLYUZH. I still love this watch, and I'll sometimes wear it for several days in my rotation.

I went back to the steel bracelet for the winter, and I may stick with that all the time - it looks more elegant. I also think I can now wear the bracelet during the summer, after losing over 20lbs due to a horrible car crash right before Xmas - I went offline for a while and I'm still in a wheelchair.

To make myself feel better I'm on the hunt for another watch, I'm definitely give KRLYUZH a shot at my business again.

10. Steve in SoCal Mar 15, 2015

Best wishes on your road to recovery.

11. larryganz The cable guy Mar 15, 2015

Thanks!

Graduated to crutches, and today is my birthday!