Forums Latest Members

KNOWN SCAMMER LIST - Please post any known scammers here.

1. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 14, 2017

Gents.

The idea of this thread is so we don't clog up the stickies section with known scammers.

It is very important you list the information you have to hand. Please do not discuss the in's and outs how it happened etc, its purely for listing names and info.

Regards

The Mod Team

bikerfox, Turpinr, rominvicta and 5 others like this.
  2. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 14, 2017

NICHOLAS A

A member has been scammed out of quite a large amount of money.

PLEASE DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS PERSON ACROSS ANY OTHER FORUMS. HE IS NOW BANNED HERE.

If you are a member of another board, please make other users aware.

3. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 14, 2017

It looks like a few members have been contacted by this member claiming to have items in possession to sell in reference to WTB ads.

His email is : [email protected]

DO NOT LIASE WITH THIS PERSON.

He has been deleted off the forum.

4. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 14, 2017

"Danny Gulliver" email [email protected]

Danny Gulliver
    727 E.249th st
    Euclid Ohio 44123

5. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 5, 2018

Nicolas Abuaf - Scammed a forum member! BEWARE!

6. Grk Jan 15, 2018

Thanks for the warning

7. bjmcfp Feb 2, 2018

Honza likes this.
  8. Honza Feb 23, 2018

9. bonerp May 1, 2018

10. batranugigi Jul 4, 2018

Hi guys. I am new to the forum. I am in Turkey on holiday and I got some very interesting offers one for Ulysse Nardin and others for Omega Po and Speedy. I was wondering if you have ever heard about these dealers: PARAGON and Lydion Jewelleey. They seem to be both authorized dealers, Paragon for UN and Lydion for Omega. I don’t want to get cheated and buy a fake so if you have ever heard anout them pls do tell me. Many thanks!

11. batranugigi Jul 4, 2018

They are both located in Belek in luxury 5 star hotels, they seem legit but just want to be 100% sure that I buying from good AD.

12. blubarb Jul 6, 2018

jlafou1 also uses the name Jeff Johnson and Josh Lafountain on other boards and on Omega based FP groups as well

::censored::

13. guaranteed.rohu Aug 22, 2018

I posted already in the sub-forum, but just again here - I was scammed on a trade with 'vintage_kronos' (instagram handle). Janez Grom (paypal name). Newer to this forum, so thought I'd add it here, but I've already posted on other forums.

Very disappointing experience, traded a watch with him (a so called 'established collector'). Discovered, unlike what he had claimed, the omega seamaster cal 321 he traded me was a redial and had a broken movement.

Radio silence when I contacted him multiple times on multiple mediums trying to resolve it. Fair to say I've lost at least 1-2k USD in repairs and sourcing the correct dial/hands.

Many more issues after also, he's threatened to sue me for defamation (hilarious), can elaborate privately if anyone wants to know. Overall highly suggest you avoid dealings with him.

14. Tom Dick and Harry Dec 3, 2018

All

I felt I needed to bring your attention to a scammer called Robert 'Bob' Long based in Bungay Norfolk. I purchased a Rolex Tudor Monte Carlo from him six weeks ago through ebay, he seemed genuine as did the watch.

Long story short I got the watch after a couple of weeks (he insisted on collection in person so my niece who lives nearby collected it)

When I had it in hand something seemed off, I noticed the serial number was out of range, which lead to much more digging and ultimately revealed it was fake. (A reason I stick to Omega as a rule of thumb). I contact a Rolex expert and good friend I known fellow forum member who confirmed it was fake. I hadn't told Jason (owner of sweepinghands) of the owner or their location, simply showed him pictures of the watch.

I contacted the seller who initially gave me a lot of grief saying it wasn't fake, making many accusations such as I had let someone tamper with it and I was dishonest etc etc.

After much deliberation and dropping Jasons name he agreed to refund me IF I drove to Norfolk to be there at 9:00am for a refund, his condition was that his Rolex expert would be there to verify it was the watch he sold. Right the way through he made out as if it was completely genuine and that I was some dealer trying to scam him or rip him off, playing the 'innocent old man' card.

I took the 7 hours round trip to meet him, he was very amicable, protesting he knew nothing about it and was selling it in good faith and that he was going to get a Rolex expert to verify the watch etc etc. He spent over an hour showing me the 'research' he had done on the internet alongside proudly showing me his collection of very valuable vintage cars, including the first ever mini cooper S he'd found, clearly a wealthy man.

He absolutely suckered me in and I genuinely felt for him, I genuinely felt he knew nothing about what he had sold me and having received my refund drove home. I went home and told my wife about the 'poor old guy', I even followed up with later text explaining I was sorry it had panned out as it did.

All ended well until my Jason contacted me tonight, having pieced the puzzle together he informed me that he had acted as an expert witness in a court case a few years back where a buyer in Norfolk had unwittingly bought a Tudor Monte Carlo which transpired to be fake and the buyer had to take the seller to court....... who was the seller......Bob Long of Bungay, Norfolk............. the watch: the Tudor Monte Carlo.

I really had been duped by this scam merchant, firstly that he convinced me he was an unsuspecting old man who knew nothing about his fake watch and secondly making me jump through hoop after hoop to get my money back! All I would say is buyer beware.....

Here is the relisted watch and a little about the unscrupulous seller..............................

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-...h=item4d83a8af91:g:0uAAAOSw8sBbwaSx:rk:1:pf:0Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

He has since removed the listing.

Name: Robert Victor Long (aka) Bob Long
    Watch: Rolex Tudor Monte Carlo, serial 860976 reference 7032/0
    ebay: littlegems121
    Lives: Bungay Norfolk

Bob takes clear pride in his public image, being know as the discovery of the oldest mini copper in existence alongside having numerous other classic cars, he clearly doesn't need the money so all I can think is that he proactively and knowingly rips off unsuspecting punters then adopts either an aggressive stance accusing buyers or the 'innocent old man' who had no idea what he was seller.

Here is a little more about 'Bob'

https://www.metro.news/earliest-known-mini-cooper-discovered-in-suffolk-barn/1212767/

Its not the first time he's sold fake tudors, he was highlighted in 2008 on the rolex form for selling a fake Tudor sub.

Ive been in communication with the seller and called him about about this scam, all he has done is insult me further and continue to accuse me, never once admitting he has been caught out, bare face lied to me throughout this process and knowingly sold fake goods. I will hold back from publicly putting up the messages he has sent me but needless to say it takes a lot for me to out someone like this.

I wanted the community to be aware of this scam artist, he will come over as a genuine person but he clearly isn't, he's a deceitful individual who clearly has no morals and no conscience over trying to sell this clearly fake watch.

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 10.23.54.png

Cheers Tom

Edited Dec 5, 2018
    marco, AlphaToOmega, chronos and 5 others like this.
  15. blubarb Dec 3, 2018

Makes my blood boil!

16. robinhook May 16, 2019

Known Scammer Alert:

Giorgi Devidze
    2601B W. 6th St
    Inex Group IG61348
    WILMINGTON, DE 19805

I recently sold a watch through eBay. Immediately after the item was sold, I received a scam message from user "ummu8226" claiming to be the buyer when he obviously was not, and trying to trick me to ship the item to his address. I understand this is a new user just registered recently, however he did provide his real name and shipping address. The original email reads as follows (underlined):

Hello!
    I just bought " Mint FullSet OMEGA Seamaster Pro " from you I hope all is great with that watch... p.s I wanna change shipping address coz my dad got sick and I have to move out of town to hospital to take care, sorry for bothering and here is the shipping u have to send it:
    Name: GIORGI DEVIDZE
    Address 1: 2601B W. 6th St
    Address 2: Inex Group IG61348
    City: WILMINGTON
    State: DE
    ZIP: 19805

17. rex mundi May 26, 2019

BEWARE Harbor Watches and Richard Ménasé -- scammed a member with false claims, pawned off a damaged and defective Seamaster as complete and original, then refused to honor warranty; deceptive, unprofessional and insulting

18. vitriol Jul 7, 2019

Like two month ago, there was 2264 on Chrono24. Private seller based in Russia, he does not offer Trusted checkout, but I proposed Paypay which he has agreed on.
    Package has arrived in good condition, and this is what was inside...
    a few tools for straps generously packed in a plastic bubble wrapping.
    20-package received 20190621_233458.jpg

It is beyond my understanding what seller was thinking. Obviously he spent some time and money on shipping, but when I opened a paypal dispute he did not even try to defend himself anyhow. Zero replies.
    Paypal decided a full refund in my favour so no damage on my side. My most logical guess is the seller was trying to do a scam but he was not fully aware of tools in paypal customer protection.

I reported this case to Ch24 and they blocked this profile, but be careful if you come across a 2264.50 from Russia.
    Here is a data he's used in communication/postage.

сорокин юрий - sent by
    andrey C. - ch24 profile
    [email protected] - email/paypal

guaranteed.rohu likes this.
  19. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 7, 2019

Use extreme caution when doing business with anyone within 100 miles of Roanoke, Virginia!

Danny Turner of Danny's Watch Shop and, more recently, Monster Watche$, ripped me off for $3K - an Omega Speedmaster Racing.

He is actively doing business right now all over the web under a variety of names but always with a ship-to and transaction address in the Roanoke VA area.

He's opened accounts under usernames Jameswarner1011, jjalmond440, whitakerj420, WatchManiac10, Localacct, Watchworld.com, Watch.Watch, Monster Watche$, and Watchco1974

PROTECT OUR COMMUNITY. PROTECT YOURSELF.

20. pongster Feb 22, 2020

How about Terry, sir. You need to update this thread.