Forums Latest Members

Knowing what you know now...

1. calalum Jun 19, 2017

Rolex PN Daytona. Was in Hong Kong in 1986 after graduating and bought something at about the same price point which has little value today. More recently (maybe 14 years ago) passed on a gold 6542 with the correct bezel; huge mistake there.

2. Wryfox Jun 19, 2017

I really really really wish I had stuck to my guns and bought a Rolex Milgauss way back when. It was the only thing I wanted but couldn't find one. At the time even the lone Rolex dealer didn't have one and they told me they couldn't get one . Of course this was well before the internet so that was that . Heck that was when taking a train was common.

cvera likes this.
  3. cvera Jun 20, 2017

I would have bought the same thing. I bought a pre-owned Omega Deville at a jeweler in San Diego. I wanted to buy it at a jeweler to ensure I wasn't going to be buying a fake Omega since watch forums had me paranoid.

I'd never sell the first watch I bought, took me a while to save with a college intern paycheck.

4. Citrusxc Jun 20, 2017

Love this watch!!

5. Edward53 Jun 20, 2017

I'd buy the nicest, sharpest pie pan arrowhead stainless non-date Constellation I could find. And a Breitling Top Time 810 reverse panda in Mk1 case. And an Enicar Sherpa Graph. And the best Tudor Submariner I could find. And an 18K 2-register chronograph with a really good solid case and decent movement. And a 565 Watchco SM300 for about a third of the price I ending up having to give for mine.